Web Category Specialist Job
Refer A Friend
Job Tile: Web Catagory Specialist
Job Number: 2017-47284
Date Posted: 2-24-2017
Back to top
The web category specialist is responsible for ensuring that GNC.com offers a superior customer shopping experience as a result of executing the on-line merchandising and product information strategy for specific categories. The web category specialist is also responsible for achieving sales plans and usability performance targets for a vertical group of product categories within the GNC.com site. The objectives will be met by setting up compelling customer driven merchandise assortments and product management in close collaboration with marketing managers, merchants and vendor partners.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Participate in go to market meetings to understand product launch and life cycle plans and other key initiatives
- Manage and optimize the user experience as it related to finding and selecting products on GNC.com.
- Work with third party vendors and suppliers to expand the current GNC.com assortment.
- Partner with others members of the ecommerce team to optimize the site search experience.
- Partner with web analysis / optimization to determine and execute on-going web site testing.
- Conduct comprehensive analysis of marketplace to understand competitive landscape and white space. Advocate for innovation and improvements to content strategy and presentation.
- Partner with the merchandising team to ensure that the most relevant products and themes are being featured and merchandised across the site.
- Manage the execution and optimization of relevant department pages within the Salesforce Commerce Cloud tool.
- Bachelor’s Degree and at least 3-5 years of experience in merchandising, ecommerce or a related field.
Skills and Abilities
- Total customer focus; must keep the customer at the center of everything that is done on the site.
- Hold themselves accountable to the highest standards possible
- Understanding of ecommerce merchandising basics (ie, category management), site search, optimization and testing
- Excellent negotiation and collaborative skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Proficient skill level in Microsoft Excel , Word, PowerPoint
- Ability to develop effective working relationships with all levels of partners across the organization
- Team oriented with excellent time management and organization skills
- Customer service oriented with ability to maintain positive attitude in all situations