Primary Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Job Tile: Transportation Manager (Pool Carrier)
Job Number: 2017-48011
Date Posted: 3-22-2017
The Manager of Transportation will work directly for the Sr. Manager of Transportation is and is responsible to work in collaboration with the organization to strategically and tactically develop, align and implement Logistic/Transportation Services to improve the company’s bottom line results. The position will be responsible for managing the efficient and effective flow of products to and from GNC’s distribution network to effectively support our domestic store locations. This position will also be responsible for carrier management and performance of the carriers that service GNC’s domestic retail locations and perform other transportation services.
· Responsible for managing a portion of the domestic transportation network. This network includes over fifteen third-party pool distribution carriers that operate over fifty terminals that perform local store deliveries.
· Collaborate with operations teams at four domestic distribution centers that service retail locations.
· 1 direct report (Analytical or Administrator positions)
· 5+ year’s related experience in supply chain, transportation, or logistics
· Minimum 4 year college degree in Logistics, Business Management or related field required
experience and education.
· Strong leadership skills with the ability to work as an integral part of the logistics team
· In-depth knowledge of Distribution and Transportation processes.
· Ideal background includes domestic transportation experience
· Experience with Warehouse Management Systems (WMS) and Transportation Management Systems (TMS), Czar Lite, and knowledge of BearWare carton visibility system a plus
· Functional knowledge and experience with DOT regulations
· Bachelor’s degree in supply chain, logistics or equivalent experience required
· Experience in one or more of the following is a plus - LTL, TL, and Pool Distribution operations
· Ability to demonstrate fluency in logistics analysis (KPI, Metric Reporting)
· Experience and knowledge of budgeting and P&L analysis as it relates to Transportation
· High skill sets with MS Office applications – Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook & Word.
· Ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects and meet specific goals and deadlines.
· Experience using warehouse, transportation (BearWare TMS a plus), financial/inventory management systems.
· Clarifies and resolves complex business issues by breaking them down into meaningful components to determine root cause and redesigning internal and external business processes.
· Writes, speaks, and presents clearly and succinctly across a variety of communication settings and adjusts communication style to the audience by translating and articulating technical concepts to non-technical groups.
· Demonstrates originality and imagination in thinking while developing a solution to a problem.
· Utilizes fundamental concepts of finance to manage budgets, forecast costs, and provide information to account for the financial impact of decision-making.
· Normal office environment
· Travel up to 15%
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. This job description reflects management’s assignment of essential job functions, which are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required.
Fredy, Receiving Supervisor
GNC sets the standard in the nutritional supplement industry. This is a nice place… to learn about nutritional supplements and also a good place to grow. GNC provides courses and seminars throughout the year to develop skills in my area. I have had training in supervisory management, coaching for peak performance, communication skills, leadership success and more.