Technical Process Engineer - Packaging Job
Refer A Friend
Job Tile: Technical Process Engineer - Packaging
Job Number: 2017-46237
Date Posted: 7-21-2017
Back to top
The Packaging Process Engineer is responsible for supporting the Packaging manufacturing operation with technical expertise, evaluating processing methods and providing safe, efficient, and quality compliant alternatives. The expertise is applied to maximize product quality, reduce costs, improve operational efficiency and ensure finished packaging processes and procedures remain safe, compliant, reliable and repeatable. Technical expertise includes, but is not limited to the following areas: manufacturing documentation, processing, process controls, machine, materials, and operating environment. Core expectations of this position include working side by side with the management, packaging engineering, and maintenance staff to discover opportunities and/or inefficiencies in the packaging processes and collectively determine the best way to align our processes with our safety, quality, compliance, and efficiency goals.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Foster a continuous improvement environment by evaluating and recommending on-going quality and efficiency improvements as it relates to process/engineering/, machinery, documentation, machine utilization, manufacturing environmental conditions and safety best practices
- Ensure continuous improvement, continuity of experience, troubleshooting skills, and scientific knowledge
- Create an analytical process that justifies business decisions.
- Analyze capital expenditures and project designs to help find ways to cut costs
- Maintain an updated outlook on all associated business costs and deliver a quarterly report on pertinent industry trends to the management team
- Maintain confidentiality of research and product development, trade secrets, government reporting and legal matters, and strategic quality initiatives
- Review packaging tooling and component design to improve processing and efficiency
- Evaluate and resolve issues related to bulk quality/machines/processes to determine if new or modified equipment is needed to meet manufacturing requirements and to improve effectiveness of packaging conversion process and finished goods yields.
- Maintain/improve industry knowledge to ensure that the company is able to take advantage of new technology, equipment, or processing innovations.
- Analyze work flows within and across all packaging operations to determine how the entire floor can work better together.
- Help meet customer expectations by monitoring production and quickly adjusting to manufacturability issues
- Promote an environment of teamwork with all departments to ensure effective and efficient company operations and compliance requirements.
- Design and execute process and yield improvement studies for underperforming products as well as implement the study recommendations with a focus on continuous process improvement.
- Participate in investigations resulting from process deviations, CAPAs, audit observations, manufacturing exceptions and trend analysis data.
- In response to these investigations develop, implement and direct the resultant immediate corrections, in addition to short and long term solutions following appropriate change control procedures.
- Support the development and execution of process validations/verifications.
- Analyze component supplier performance and material data to identify quality improvement opportunities.
- Analyze data and packaging production trends to identify improvement needs in quality systems, compliance and production efficiencies.
- Ensure packaging work instructions are consistent and compliant with established quality policies, procedures and relevant regulatory requirements.
- Initiate Master Change Requests (MCR’s), edit Master Batch Records (MBR’s), edit specification A-Pages, and generate deviations,
- Prepare and maintain accurate technical data and required documentation related to trials and technical support activities.
- Create documented communication and presentations to report issues, proposals, status updates and results of process and component material improvements
- Coach and mentor process technicians and packaging production personnel to facilitate continuous improvement and broaden their technical understanding
- Provide timely status updates to the manufacturing operations management team and escalate issues when appropriate
- Comply with company standards and cGMPs
- Perform/assist with special or non-routine project assignments; Communicate to all levels of the organization
· 3+ years in a technical operations engineering or related role
· 5+ years in quality or business process engineering
· Impeccable math and statistical analysis skills
· Excellent eye for detail
· Proven history in improving supply chain efficiency
· Must be comfortable with integrating new technology into an existing business environment
· BS degree in Engineering or related discipline required
· Lean Manufacturing (Six Sigma) training or certification preferred