Team Lead - Logistics Job
Refer A Friend
Job Tile: Team Lead
Job Number: 2017-48398
Date Posted: 5-30-2017
Back to top
The primary focus of this position is to support the Logistics Supervisors to ensure the timely, accurate, and damage free handling of materials both inbound and outbound in the facility operating various lifts and speeders.
The current opening is on:
Sunday - Wednesday 5:00 am - 3:30 pm
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist Logistics Supervisors with staffing assignments and work distribution. Assist with work assignments of the associates, make adjustments as needed, run reports to see progress or where assistance is needed.
- Load and unload trucks, order, pick, return and stage all materials required/scheduled for the operation.
- Operate various machines such as: fork lifts, pickers, speeders, etc.
- Remove empty skids from the warehouse.
- Perform proper paperwork for bill of lading, UPS, FedEx, or other outside carriers as required.
- Unstack material as required by the operation.
- Support the Help Desk. In the absence of help desk personnel provide assistance with user’s sign-on, replace scanners or printers, check cables to ensure they are properly attached and make any needed recommendations.
- Daily interaction with all levels and departments throughout the organization. Letting Management, Industrial Engineers, Supervisors, and Transportation know status or issues.
- 1-2 years of warehouse/forklift experience preferred.
- Minimum High School diploma or GED Certificate with 3 years warehouse/forklift experience.
- Ability to operate a forklift in a safe and efficient manner.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
- Organizational skills required to complete multiple tasks in an efficient, timely manner.
- Knowledge of computers and applications (MS Office, relational data base, distribution programs, etc.)