Team Lead Job
Refer A Friend
Job Tile: Team Lead, 1st Shift RMT
Job Number: 2017-53406
Date Posted: 10-3-2017
Back to top
GNC Distribution is seeking a 1st shift RMT / Sortation Team Lead for our highly -automated operation in the Whitestown IN Distribution Center.
Hours: Monday - Friday 7:00 am - 3:30 pm
Under direct supervision of a distribution supervisor, the purpose of this position is to provide technical direction and leadership in assigned areas. Responsibilities will include: troubleshooting product and process related issues, assigning work tasks, ensuring a safe and productive work team through proper training of associates. We are seeking a reliable, detail-oriented, and experienced candidate who will lead by example!
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Assists Department Supervisor with work assignments and work distribution, making adjustments as needed throughout shift for optimal operational flow and labor hours management.
- Runs operational and productivity reports for the department as needed.
- Ensure the timely, accurate, and damage-free handling of materials and merchandise
- Organizes product with the operational area for maximum efficiency
- Troubleshoots systems and process weaknesses, and assists in the development of corrective operating procedures
- Monitor work activity within assigned area, providing status updates to Supervisor as needed
- Coordinate and oversee the training of new associates in the department
- Assist the Logistics Supervisor in developing operational plans on a daily and weekly basis
- Expected to perform productive operational tasks (direct labor) within the department, when the leadership tasks are complete
- Responsible for ensuring a safe and sanitary work environment
- Raise employee concerns to the Distribution Supervisor
- Operate powered lift equipment as needed to support the operation
- Assist in miscellaneous projects assigned by the Distribution / Department Supervisor
- Other duties as assigned by Supervisor
- 1-3 years logistics or fulfillment experience preferred.
- High school or GED required.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Organizational skills required to complete multiple tasks in an efficient, timely manner.
- Knowledge of computers and applications (MS Office, relational data base, distribution programs, etc.)
- Demonstrates efficiency and strong attention to detail and the ability to multi-task
- Must be certified, or willing to become certified, on all powered lift equipment within the facility
- Demonstrates initiative and motivates those around them to drive performance
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to decisively communicate with others at all levels of management verbally and via e-mail
- Ability to comprehend and be responsible for all data entered.
Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action / Protected Veterans / Disabled Individuals Employer