Systems Engineer Job
Refer A Friend
Job Tile: Systems Engineer
Job Number: 2017-49235
Date Posted: 5-9-2017
Back to top
Primary responsibility of the System Engineer would be implementing Exchange Mail infrastructure, and support. Installs, configures, and manages production and non-production computing platforms to ensure constant availability, adequate capacity, good response time/system performance, and recoverability. The scope of technologies includes but is not limited to VMWare, Windows servers, storage, E-mail, and Citrix infrastructure. Has the ability to plan, manage multiple projects, and solve problems.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Essential Job Functions
- Installs, configures, manages, patches, and secures hardware/software according to established standards and compliance requirements.
- Advanced troubleshooting skills, working independently or with a team to identify the root cause of problems for all assigned hardware and software.
- Manage multiple projects and accurately report the status of all major assignments while adhering to all project management standards.
- Committed to continuous quality improvement by analyzing problem trends, documenting quality and availability improvement recommendations, and prompt resolution of problems.
- Actively performs performance monitoring and capacity planning.
- Configures backup and recovery strategies; is capable of recovering all assigned systems and participates in disaster recovery tests.
- Keeps abreast of new technologies and recommends solutions that benefit the Company.
- Actively develops and maintains Standard Operating Procedures.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's or Associate’s Degree in Computer Science or MIS and 5+ years of relevant experience
Skills and Abilities
- Installation and configuration of servers and related operating systems of Windows 2003, 2008 and higher operating systems, and VMware vSphere ESXi 5 and higher.
- Deployment and management of anti-virus software.
- Support of the e-mail and messaging technologies: Microsoft Exchange 2007 and higher, Microsoft Lync, Symantec Brightmail and open source spam filtering systems, and e-mail routing.
- Management and configuration of internet hosting infrastructure (IIS, Apache) including SFTP.
- Knowledge of system monitoring software
- Knowledge of Citrix
- Administration of HP 3PARstorage arrays.
- Administration of HP C7000 blade enclosures, flex fabric virtual connect and Brocade fabric switches.
- Knowledge of PowerShell and batch file scripting for process automation and server administration.
- Knowledge of core Microsoft technologies: AD, DNS, LDAP, etc.
Work Environment / Travel / Physical Demands
- Normal office environment.
- Limited travel.
- Light lifting of racked system hardware required.
Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action / Protected Veterans / Disabled Individuals Employer