Staff Accountant Job
Refer A Friend
Job Tile: Staff Accountant
Job Number: 2017-52578
Date Posted: 8-31-2017
Back to top
Responsible for the accurate and timely accounting, reporting, analysis and reconciliations related to assigned entities and functional areas.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure the timely and accurate journalization of all assigned accounts and transactions to the general ledger.
- Reconcile designated general ledger accounts to the summary trial balance on a monthly basis.
- Provide assistance to operational management in the analysis and understanding of all financial information as required.
- Calculate, analyze, verify and report all costs and activity to manager related to assigned areas on a monthly basis.
- Ensure all inter-company accounts for assigned entities are balanced on a periodic basis.
- Assist with all assigned audit requests in connection with quarterly reviews and the year end external audits on a timely basis.
- Participate in all SOX compliance activities – including completing of relevant controls
- 2+ years of general accounting experience.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or other Finance-related field
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills (verbal and written) required to distribute information and to answer inquiries accurately and effectively.
- Computer skills (especially Microsoft Excel and experience with general ledger and consolidation systems) required to update and maintain accounts and to produce necessary reports.
- Ability to organize work load required to research and answer questions and to complete duties in a timely manner.
- Ability to work with sensitive information and to maintain confidentiality