Staff Accountant Job
Refer A Friend
Job Tile: GNFS Staff Accountant I
Job Number: 2017-47074
Date Posted: 3-29-2017
Back to top
The GNFS Staff Accountant I is responsible for all aspects of financial accounting (i.e. accurate and timely journalization and analysis of financial information, reporting, etc).
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Essential Job Functions
- Prepare timely and accurate monthly financial statements, all related journal entries, and workpaper schedules.
- Regularly communicate with franchisees regarding consulting arrangements.
- Review and perform data entry of financial statement information.
- Analyze franchisee financial data and financial statements and communicate these findings to the franchisee.
- Prepare monthly bank reconciliations for franchisee accounts as needed.
- Ensure all physical inventories are scheduled with Loss Prevention Department.
- Maintain and assist with enhancements to the GNFS program.
- Work on special projects as needed.
- Effectively communicate and work with other departments within GNC.
- Promote and sell the GNFS service to new franchise store owners.
- Bachelor Degree in Accounting or a combination of education/experience required.
- Bachelor Degree in Accounting and 1+ years of general accounting experience
Skills and Abilities
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, required distributing accurate information and answering inquiries efficiently.
- Analytical ability required to research and analyze financial statements and accounts for accuracy
- Ability to organize work load and perform under time sensitive deadlines
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Excel
Work Environment / Travel / Physical Demands
- Normal office environment.
- Required to sit for long periods of time.