Primary Location: Whitestown, IN
Job Tile: Shipping Coordinator
Job Number: 2017-53407
Date Posted: 9-27-2017
JOIN OUR GNC TEAM TODAY!
GNC is the nation's leading retailer of vitamins and health supplements. We have a state-of-the-art, temperature controlled distribution center in Whitestown IN, where we are seeking candidates for a Shipping Coordinator position.
The Shipping Coordinator is responsible for coordinating all outbound research, trouble-shooting distribution issues in the outbound operation, processing all outbound paperwork and carrier BOLs, and closing trailers.
Position Hours: Mon - Fri, 8 AM - 4:30 PM
*shipping clerk, coordinator, warehouse, distribution, outbound
· Prepares and distributes all necessary shipping documents to carrier drivers and maintain copies
for record keeping purposes.
· Records shipment data such as purchase orders, ship dates, carriers, damages/ discrepancies,
pick up times, and trailer needs for accounting or record-keeping purposes.
· Examines shipment contents and compares with manifests, invoices or orders to verify accuracy.
· Audits turnaround paperwork, compares to packing lists to verify accuracy
· Initiate and files OS&Ds on any shortages, overages, or damages and initiates claims.
· Troubleshoot system or process problems as they relate to the shipping operation.
· Research incomplete orders to ensure 100% fill rates.
· Identify root cause of problems or trends found in outbound process research.
· Communicate with outside carriers regarding pick up times, trailer needs, and shipping inquiries.
· Partner with Department Supervisor to achieve maximum efficiency within the department
· Maintain a clean and organized work area.
· Checking trailers for load quality assurance.
· Picking non-conveyable product as needed.
Other duties as assigned
Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action / Protected Veterans / Disabled Individuals Employer
Della, Administrative Assistant
The opportunities at GNC are endless. I have been with GNC for 10 years and started as… a picker. I left unit pick to do clerical in the shipping department and was also a transportation coordinator before receiving my current role. The ability to advance and the teamwork at GNC are outstanding. A self-motivated person can blossom in this environment.