Service Desk Supervisor Job
Refer A Friend
Job Tile: Service Desk Supervisor
Job Number: 2017-46863
Date Posted: 2-10-2017
Back to top
This position oversees and supports the professionally staffed Service Desk personnel. Managing the performance of the Service Desk Analysts to ensure service levels are achieved and customer expectations are met or exceeded is paramount. Key responsibilities include: Performing quality assurance checks regularly of work activities performed by the analysts, providing coaching and guidance to ensure the highest possible customer satisfaction is delivered. Promoting and enforcing the proper usage of the IT Service Desk Management processes including Incident Management, Problem Management and Change Management.
Assist with interviewing and evaluating potential talent to build and maintain a highly effective team. Assessing the performance of existing associates and recommending improvement opportunities at both the individual and team levels.
Resource coordination to react/support unplanned situations. Providing leadership, guidance and point of escalation during problem situations. Collaborate with other IT Support Groups to achieve seamless operation, quick and decisive responses to all situations and facilitate consistent and comprehensive interaction amongst support teams. Follow up on open incidents to improve incident quality to ensure proper resolution details are captured so future reoccurrences can be reduced or eliminated.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Essential Job Functions
- Support the Service Desk during scheduled Hours of Operation and provide after-hour or on-call support to confirm store or system performance is at expected levels.
- Assists with the development of Service and Business Level Agreements to set expectations and measure performance.
- Oversee the Service Request and Incident Management Processes confirming all internal and external Service Level Agreements are met.
- Lead the effort to enhance and expand our standard support procedures for situations that arise compromising the effective and timely execution of critical systems and services. This will include an assessment of the situation, categorization of the incident, engagement of the support staff, escalation to appropriate management and full documentation of the events.
- Monitor and manage phone queue (participating in escalated calls as needed).
- Oversee Solutions repository to ensure solutions are available to the staff.
- Advise management on situations that may require additional support or escalation.
- Manage process for communicating outage/emergency activities to the organization.
- Manage vendor relationships as it depends on daily operational needs.
- Review survey feedback to improve services, tools and support experience.
- Serves as the focal point for all related technical support issues; escalating and engaging other teams as necessary.
- Develop and maintain the Analyst Work Schedule to safeguard proper support coverage.
- Set objectives for the department’s quality and productivity measures; train and mentor direct reports to comply with departmental policies, practices, and procedures to effectively and efficiently accomplish goals.
- Complete performance appraisals, provide professional guidance, mentoring and other supervisory duties as needed.
- Invoke problem escalation procedures to coordinate recovery.
- Prepare and maintain a Standard Operating Procedures manual for all Service Desk activities.
- Isolate problem trends and ensure that troubleshooting efforts are completed for recurring problems until permanent solutions are found.
- Provide data and reporting of KPI’s and trends to leadership and others in ad-hoc, weekly, monthly and as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Management or Management Information Systems with 7-10 years Retail Management experience or a combination of education/experience required
- Strong understanding of Service Desk related best practices, policies, procedures and implementation experience
- Ability to effectively communicate complex technical issues; proactively recommending improvements to processes and procedures
- Ability to proactively identify and evaluate problems to determine root causes while escalating risk areas to mitigate their impact
- Ability to quickly translate issues and service interruptions into an impact analysis and create a realistic corrective plan of action
- Strong organizational skills to manage multiple shifts with varying coverage requirements
- Ability to multitask and flex- prioritize in a dynamic corporate environment
- Strong interpersonal, problem-solving and conflict management skills with the ability to establish and maintain effective, professional and harmonious relationships
- Assertive individual, self-driven to achieve consistent performance improvement in self and employees
- Problem solving, troubleshooting, and analytical skills with the ability to define problems (both technical and departmental), collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions
- Deep understanding and knowledge of specialty retail systems and processes
- Thorough understanding of all store systems, technology, and processes
- Customer-service oriented; self-directed and motivated with strong analytical skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and client consultation skills
- Self-motivated and results oriented
- Strong presentation skills
- Supervisory and leadership capabilities
- Problem solving & troubleshooting capabilities
- Project management knowledge
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment
Skills and Abilities
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written), required to answer questions efficiently and train personnel
- Interpersonal skills required to deal politely, courteously and patiently with all personality types
- Ability to work various schedules including evenings and weekends
- Strong detail orientation
- Superior organizational abilities
- Process & procedure oriented
- Advanced knowledge and troubleshooting skills are required
- Operational knowledge of Service Desk Processes
- Supervises approximately 15- 30 Help Desk employees on a daily basis
- Facilitates change; drives results
- Assists with Individual Development Planning
- Provides guidance, coaching and mentoring as necessary making decisions as appropriate to ensure quality services are offered
Work Environment / Travel / Physical Demands
- Normal office environment