Service Desk Manager Job
Refer A Friend
Job Tile: Service Desk Manager
Job Number: 2017-46863
Date Posted: 7-21-2017
Back to top
The Service Desk Manager oversees the Service Desk Team offering leadership, support and guidance and is rresponsible for ensuring the staff is meeting and exceeding expectations in regards to performance, defined metrics/benchmarks, and that standards and processes are followed. Key responsibilities include: Collaborating with internal teams and Management to streamline & incorporate processes that contribute to best in class service delivery, identifying opportunities for shared services and continually supporting partnership strategies.
Manages Help Desk staffing including consultation on performance promotions, hiring and disciplinary responsibilities. Monitors problem management and ensures accountability for timely resolution. Invokes problem escalation procedures to coordinate and restore services.
The Service Desk Manager is responsible for staffing capacity planning, ITSM Service Desk process design, performance analysis, and developing proactive resolution plans.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Essential Job Functions
- Oversees service requests, incidents and problems. Manages and coordinates urgent and complicated support issues. Acts as an escalation point for all requests and incidents. Develops and matures phone/ticket escalation processes to ensure free flowing escalation and information within the organization. Determine root cause of issues and communicates appropriately to internal and external customers.
- Trains, coaches and mentors Service Desk Specialists (Level 1 / 2) including career development. Oversees staff activities. Builds/obtains (from other departments) training material for support staff. Interacts with internal and external customers.
- Provides data and reporting of KPI’s and trends to IT department and others in ad-hoc, weekly, monthly and as needed. Will drive Ticket Deep Dive and develop strategies for improvement. Works to make the Service Desk the single source of truth and service delivery channel for IT. Monitors and manages phone queue (participating in escalated calls as needed).
- Oversees Solutions repository and ensures top quality solutions are available to the staff. Develops Service and Business Level Agreements to set expectations and measure performance. Develops an effective and workable framework for managing and improving customer IT support in the organization. Advises management on situations that may require additional client support or escalation.
- Manages process for communicating outage/emergency activities to the organization. Manages vendor relationships as it depends on daily operational needs. Reviews survey feedback to improve services, tools and support experience.
- Partners with various department Directors to facilitate knowledge transfer between functional areas and Shared Business Services.
- Commitment to a customer-centric process, openness to customer feedback, consistent communication with customers, continuous improvement and enhancement of customer experience. Looks to expand the services offered through increased customer engagement, new services and innovation.
- Constructively coaches and mentors Supervisors and other employees to promote and build an environment which enforces a strong team.
- Proven ability to drive and understand metrics to positively drive behavior and performance.
- Strong Communicator and ability to build business relationships.
Bachelor’s degree in Business Management or Management Information Systems with 5+ years Retail Management experience or a combination of education/experience required.
- Prior Managerial Experience.
- Strong understanding of Service Desk related best practices, policies, procedures and implementation experience. Ability to proactively identify and evaluate problems to determine root causes while escalating risk areas to mitigate their impact.
- Assertive individual, self-driven to achieve consistent performance improvement in self and employees. Strong interpersonal skills and client consultation skills.
- Self-motivated and results oriented.
ITIL Certification Preferred
HDI Certification is a Plus
GNC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Protected Veterans/Disabled Individuals Employer.