Sensory Testing Coordinator - Product Development Job
Refer A Friend
Job Tile: Sensory Testing Coordinator FT - Product Development
Job Number: 2017-51295
Date Posted: 9-18-2017
Back to top
The sensory testing coordinator will work closely with technical management to set up and administer all sensory/ taste panels. The coordinator will manage all sensory testing including set-up and clean up and provide feedback to teams, vendors, and manufacturers. The coordinator will also provide support to manufacturers in correcting rheological and organoleptic issues.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Essential Job Functions
- Sensory Testing
- Recruit participants for all sensory panels; by email notification and Individual follow up at session time to ensure sufficient participation.
- Set-up of all sensory tests
- Generate panel paperwork
- Set up of utensils, water, napkins, cups, panelist treats
- Maintain product holding/staging areas (sensory cart, product development sample rooms, etc.)
- Sample preparation
- Washing of shaker bottles and utensils as necessary
- Sensory reference preparation as directed
- Distribute samples for panel sessions
- Put treat and sample bins away at end of each panel session
- Dispose of remaining product, cups, napkins after test completion
- Clear and wipe counters & tables after use
- Analyze panel data
- Assist with implementing a new sensory method as directed
- Other duties as assigned.
- Technical Administrative Duties
- Track and maintain raw material and finished good samples
- Request samples from vendors and manufacturers, as directed
- Track test samples, product certifications, Certificates of Analysis, and associated QC documentation
- Generate New Product Information and Sample Submission Forms, as directed
- Communication & Reporting
- Oversee timely & accurate completion of executive reports requested by Director on weekly and monthly basis. Reports will be generated by Supervisor’s direct report subordinate.
- Maintain accurate records (electronic and paper) of project details
- Inform management immediately of any interruption/delay of the project’s timeline.
- Create & circulate necessary reports to various business units
- Scientific/ Research coursework at a college level
- Bachelor’s degree in food science or related discipline
Skills and Abilities
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Computer: Excel (data storage, manipulation & analysis), Word and PowerPoint, Internet
- Ability to work in fast-paced environment in a highly organized fashion
- Ability to work independently with little direction from management and accept a fluid/evolving environment
- A passion for nutrition is a plus
Work Environment / Travel / Physical Demands
- Normal office environment
- 0% Travel
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. This job description reflects management’s assignment of essential job functions, which are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required.
GNC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Protected Veterans/Disabled Individuals Employer.