Primary Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Job Tile: Senior Manager of Rent & Lease Administration
Job Number: 2017-48042
Date Posted: 3-24-2017
The Senior Manager of Rent & Lease Administration is responsible for lease management of 4,000+ leases / subleases utilizing a third party lease administration system overseeing all lease abstracting, rent processing / billing and annual reconciliation reviews and audits.
· Direct and control payment of all lease obligated occupancy costs. Create and implement procedures to reduce overpayment of occupancy expense.
· Develop and supervise a comprehensive program to reconcile all outstanding rent balances. Work with landlords to resolve defaults, disputes, and discrepancies.
· Perform weekly and monthly rent exports and accruals to Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable systems.
· Implement and supervise a comprehensive lease audit program in order to achieve maximum recoveries.
· Hire and manage competent and qualified staff.
· Provide for ongoing staff training to enhance performance and maximize occupancy cost savings.
· Develop and maintain rent payment procedures which comply with company objectives and Sarbanes-Oxley requirements.
· Ensure compliance with FASB requirements in lease setups.
Manage external relationships with lease administration software vendors, working to improve services while managing costs
Manage cross functional relationships with Legal, Real Estate and Accounting to provide accurate informtion and timely updates in the lease administration system
Evaluate work flow and load level across the department to ensure efficiencies and reduce delays in updating lease information
Determine optimum staffing levels and recommend outsourcing when needed to maintain acceptable work flow and timely data entry/processing
Manage outsourcing relationships, when applicable, maintain strong working partnerships and manage costs of this functional support provided
Manages staff of 12 employees.
10+ years experience in rent administration or lease auditing, including 5+ year of management experience.
Demonstrated experience in managing significant real estate portfolios.
Deep experience with leasing negotiations or management.
Successful track record of leading the real estate function, preferably in a retail company.
Manage a staff of 12
· Shopping center leasing experience.
· Management experience of a large group (more than 5 employees).
Bachelor’s degree in a related field
· Exceptional leadership skills.
Ted, VP, International Merchandising & Product Development
If you like a challenge, this is the place… for you. Our products are second to none. In fact, we are often the innovator and leader of a category. The people at GNC have a great deal of pride in knowing they are part of an organization that can offer such great products. There is always a new challenge and our teams rally to work together and meet it.