Senior Manager - Human Resources Job
Refer A Friend
Job Tile: Senior Manager Human Resources
Job Number: 2017-48566
Date Posted: 4-13-2017
Back to top
Responsible for the day-to-day operations of the Human Resources department that includes: policies and programs related to hiring, wage and salary administration, performance management, recognition, retention, benefits, training, associate relations, and safety. This position manages multiple facilities and Human Resources associates in South Carolina and reports up to the corporate office in Pittsburgh, PA.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop manufacturing HR strategies by identifying and researching HR issues; contributing information, analysis and recommendations and direction to establish human resources objectives that align with organizational objectives
- Implement HR strategies by establishing departmental accountabilities including talent acquisition, staffing employment, training & development, records management, safety & health, succession planning, associate relations and retention, AA/EEO compliance and associate relations.
- Implement and follow company policies while serving as a liaison between the facility and the corporate office regarding Human Resources policies.
- Perform investigations and appropriately document complaints regarding employment practices.
- Provide direction and leadership to staff and management in the implementation of associate recognition, retention and satisfaction programs; coordinate and execute related aware programs
- Develop and Influence Culture in a positive manner while creating a cross-functional, collaborative environment for the leadership team and associates.
- Oversee management’s temporary employment needs and issues and appropriately respond. Assist and support management with temporary associates when needed.
- Handle issues regarding associate satisfaction.
- Recruit, interview, track, and hire candidates. Recommend tools and methods for recruiting and retention. Maintain associate new hire orientation programs and job postings. Conduct orientations and exit interviews.
- Manage and monitor of workers’ compensation, OSHA compliance & logs, short-term disability and other leaves of absence to ensure compliance among manufacturing and consistency throughout the organization.
- Administer wage and salary programs, including performance management and incentive programs. Maintain associate records in OnBase. Participate in regional wage surveys and network with other HR professionals in area.
- Provide leadership and development to subordinate staff.
- All other projects as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business with 8+ years of Human Resources experience including 3+ years of management experience.
- 3+ years of Manufacturing or Production experience
- PHR/SPHR Certification
- Master’s Degree
Skills and Abilities
- Must have strong interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Must have strong influencing, leadership, and collaboration skills.
- Ability to lead and influence change with associates and leaders.
- Must be proficient in Word, Excel, Internet, Lawson, OnBase or comparable HR systems.
- Knowledge of government regulations related to employment, such as FLSA, EEOC, ADA, FMLA, OSHA, etc.
- Greenville, SC and Anderson, SC Human Resources staff
Work Environment / Travel / Physical Demands
- Works in a normal office environment on a daily basis.
- A moderate amount of time will be spent in a manufacturing environment.
- Weekly travel between facilities in Greenville, SC and Anderson, SC, required.
GNC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Protected Veterans/Disabled Individuals Employer.