Senior Financial Systems Support Analyst Job
Refer A Friend
Job Tile: Senior Financial Systems Support Analyst
Job Number: 2017-46546
Date Posted: 1-31-2017
Back to top
Generate complete and accurate utilization of the Company's Financial Accounting software products by ensuring proper development of systems, enhancements or changes using required methodologies and proper training for all users.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Essential Job Functions
- Develop and delegate the use of the above stated systems by all user departments through proper training and the development of reporting required by the user departments using all available tools within the company.
- Develop enhancements to existing reports & programs, create new reports, and work with MIS as necessary to modify programs, to enhance the use of the above named systems.
- Provide assistance & support to all operational departments utilizing the financial applications to ensure that they can be used correctly and efficiently.
- Identify and implement system enhancements, fixes, upgrades, and user requests, with coordination and assistance from MIS and the users’ departments.
- Assist in the completion and updating of all user documentation on the above stated systems, including daily and year-end procedures, controls, and balances, and all reporting.
- Provide fully documented training for all end users for the above stated systems.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting / Finance or Informational Systems or similar discipline and 5 + years experience in Accounting / Finance area including at least 3 years experience in Systems Support area, required. Report writing experience required. Experience with usage of relational databases.
- 8 + years experience in Accounting / Finance, 5+ years experience in Systems Support, working knowledge of Financial applications, PC based report writing experience, particularly Cognos TM1 reporting tools & MS Access, working knowledge of SQL, preferred
Skills and Abilities
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written) required to work with various individuals and departments within the organization and to provide documentation for systems.
- Good organization skills necessary to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to understand and enhance upon accounting systems to improve the accounting process.
- Requires ability to think creatively to be able to develop reports and enhancements to existing systems.
Work Environment / Travel / Physical Demands
- Normal office environment.