Senior Designer Job
Refer A Friend
Job Tile: Senior Designer
Job Number: 2017-49481
Date Posted: 5-18-2017
Back to top
The Senior Designer will work closely with the Creative Director, internal experts, other designers to translate key marketing messages and strategy into innovative visual communication to consumers. This position will manage the digital designers and work to ensure the company’s market and brand positioning is well developed, reflective of the brand’s identity, and is consistently articulated in all creative executions.
While this is a strategic role, it is also a hands-on position. The Senior Designer will be expected to translate marketing objectives and strategies into creative strategies and design – and direct others in achieving the same. Key deliverables are creative, on-brief Integrated Marketing Creative solutions that preserve the integrity of the GNC brand.
The Senior Digital Designer will set a strong, clear creative vision for all brand and marketing communications, keeping the brand consistent and expressed in fresh ways. GNC has a very powerful story to tell and will require a creative individual with vision, passion for great design, and collaborative skills to bring that story to life.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work closely with Creative Director, Marketing groups, CRM, In-Store, E-commerce partners and other GNC business partners to ensure the timely and accurate design and production of all marketing creative assets inclusive of all print and digital consumer facing marketing materials.
- Manage the design and production of creative assets for GNC, including GNC.com promotional assets, email, digital marketing, print, in store, email, microsites, and other associated digital/interactive assets and experiences.
- Manage and mentor one or more Online Digital Designers to ensure that the high-quality creative for in store, print, home pages, landing pages, digital banners, and emails are being produced to meet the company’s marketing needs, while keeping within the GNC brand guidelines.
- Works with a Sr. Copy partner to develop concepts and design creative for all digital assets including but not limited to print, video, home page updates, emails, display banners, landing pages, social media assets, special projects and other content appearing on GNC.com or promoting GNC.com.
- Own and be accountable for all of your and your designers’ projects, inclusive of gathering all-important communication necessary to complete the design.
Willingness to receive guidance and direction from team.
- Responsible for creating fast and accurate designs for a wide variety of marketing materials that promote, support and build the GNC brand.
- Collaborate with the Creative Director and Creative Team to ensure that all designs work within the brand identity and style guide of GNC to ensure a consistent, multi-channel shopping experience and to also ensure the best consumer experience possible.
- Work with Creative Director and Creative Team to ensure visual quality of all images on the site and in store including cropping, color correction, and image optimization.
- Develop and implement designs using HTML, CSS, and Flash as applicable to achieve project and website objectives.
- Update content on the GNC corporate site with the use of a content management system on a daily basis.
- Understands creative and development limitations and opportunities for future upgrades within the CMS tool.
- Ability to produce on-time quality deliverables in a deadline driven environment while balancing multiple priorities.
- Strong team player who is self motivated and directed.
- Detail oriented and strong organizational skills with a high degree of motivation.
- Positive attitude, flexibility, creativity and team orientation a must.
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
· Bachelor’s Degree in Graphic Design or related field
· 5+ years of experience in web design
· Integrated marketing experience preferred.
· Mix of corporate in house and advertising agency experience is nice to have
· Portfolio of representative work will be required.
Minimum of a Bachelor's Degree,
Masters degree or MBA preferred.
- Outstanding organizational and problem solving skills.
- Strong conceptualization and visualization skills. Demonstrated experience in transferring high level ideas into workable business plans.
- Demonstrated ability to synthesize information, prioritize efforts and drive results with a strong sense of urgency and decisiveness
- Proven problem solver and generator of new ideas. Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Ability to communicate effectively across all level of the organization to find workable solutions and gaining organizational alignment