Senior Business Intelligence Developer Job
Refer A Friend
Job Tile: Sr. Developer, Business Intelligence
Job Number: 2017-51158
Date Posted: 7-21-2017
Back to top
The Senior Developer - BI is responsible for developing and implementing BI solutions that drive direct benefit to the business. This role will work with additional BI resources and Business partners to build requirements and evolve the BI platform to ensure it delivers the data and information needed to improve business results. The right candidate will have experience with MicroStrategy and/or other BI Solutions (Cognos, TM1, Business Objects, SSRS…), data modeling and data warehousing solutions as well as various SDLC methodologies. Finally, this role will need to be highly skilled in communication and collaboration working within a team environment to ensure overall success.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Participate in Requirements discussions with Business to better understand needs to ensure efficient and effective development.
- Build technical specifications based on Business Requirement Documents (BRD)
- Manage ongoing development to ensure the timely and accurate delivery of requirements to stakeholders
- Develop and deliver Project documentation as required
- Query, analyze and profile data from source to target to assess data integrity and identify gaps in the data to adequately and accurately meet reporting analytics needs
- Practice data governance principals by keeping consistent data dictionaries, business rule definitions and reporting catalogs
- Analyze, synthesize, and interpret data from a variety of data sources, investigating, reconciling and explaining data differences to understand the complete data lifecycle
- Working with multiple teams, perform Unit, Integration and Performance testing as needed on release cycles
- Create and maintain application interfaces
- Identify opportunities for automation of existing reports while also rationalizing the reduction of report production
- Create creative reporting solutions bringing together data from various sources to meet complex business requirements Discover, explore, analyze and maintain documentation of data from all source and target systems
Provide application support for financial and business analytics systems
- 7+ Years working in a Professional IT Organization
- 5+ Years of developing and supporting Enterprise BI solutions
- 3+ Years developing in a MicroStrategy environment
- Retail Industry experience is highly preferred
- Extensive experience with enterprise integration tools, ETL tools, data warehousing and SQL scripting
- Extensive experience in database design, query & interface development and report creation
- Strong Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) skills.
Preferred Bachelor Degree in Business Admin, Computer Science, MIS or relevant field.
- Ability to develop successful relationships with external and internal partners.
- Strong communication (written, verbal) and facilitation skills
GNC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Protected Veterans/Disabled Individuals Employer.