Senior Analyst - Risk & Insurance Job
Refer A Friend
Job Tile: Senior Analyst, Risk & Insurance
Job Number: 2017-47072
Date Posted: 2-16-2017
Back to top
Under the leadship of the Senior Risk Manager, provide decision support and analytics for all factors impacting the Company’s Total Cost of Risk (“TCOR”).
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinate the evaluation, direction and management of claims - corresponding directly with departments throughout the Company and the Company’s insurance carriers, brokers and TPAs - with an aim to minimize losses. This will include:
- Supervising the investigation of claims and suits by coordinating and consulting with insurance adjusters, insurance company’s attorneys, corporate counsel, and outside counsel hired by the insurance company
- Participating in mediations, arbitrations and trials involving claims made against the Company and/or insurance carrier
- Advising in the denial or acceptance of all claims made against the Company. Advise the claims adjusters on legal and insurance issues involving store lease agreements, indemnification provisions, subrogation, cross liability issues, and other claim management issues
- Negotiate and coordinate disputes with insurance carriers involving coverage issues, counsel selection, legal bills, and indemnity payments
- Review insurance contracts to determine whether the Company’s risks are assumed by the contract and evaluate the coverage opinions to determine agreement or disagreement with the insurance company’s evaluation of coverage for claims
- Assist and advise claims adjusters and corporate personnel on Risk Management interpretation of various states laws involving Worker’s Compensation and Auto Liability, Personal Injury, Premises Liability, and Products Liability claims.
- Prepare monthly and quarterly Risk Management Dashboard, status reports, as well as ad hoc loss runs and other claim data analyses from the TPA’s system, company information and other sources.
- Supports Risk Management in department-related research and projects as requested.
Other responsibilities and duties as assigned.
Minimum 8 + years of experience in claims – workers compensation, auto, general and product liability.
Bachlor degree in Risk Management or in a business realted discipline.
- Must possess a working knowledge of and experience with relevant insurance types, claims adjustment processes and risk evaluation.
- Ability to effectively prioritize, organize, and perform multiple tasks with varying deadlines
- Excellent oral and written communications skills
- Experienced user of Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook, and PowerPoint
- Knowledge of CMS reporting