Refer A Friend
Job Tile: Rebuyer
Job Number: 2017-49335
Date Posted: 7-21-2017
Back to top
The acquisition of product to meet or exceed turns, service level and cost objectives of the department.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Effectively purchase items and/or materials for which the Buyer is responsible while achieving budgeted inventory levels, turns and service rate levels.
- Ensure that all Purchase Orders are placed on time to meet production demands.
- Develop and meet cost reduction programs as assigned.
- Monitor supplier competitiveness and the total competitive environment to ensure maximum service and profitability.
- Maintain effective communication with suppliers to resolve delivery/receiving issues.
- Attend meetings with suppliers when needed to manage department/buyer’s expectations.
- Issue and maintain Purchasing Agreements and Addendums.
- Manage and update system inputs to keep lead time, order quantities and pricing information accurate.
- Assist team with achieving business goals.
- Special projects and other assignments as needed.
- Collaborate with all business entities to plan and purchase inventory to expected service levels.
- Develop purchase and exit strategies to manage to inventory and open to buy requirements.
- Participate in inventory initiatives, as required.
- Provide order forecasts to vendors, as required.
2-5+ years of retail buying or planning experience or an equivalent combination of education/experience.
Minimum: Associate’s Degree in Business Management, Supply Chain or related field .
Preferred: Bachelor’s Degree in Logistics, Business or a related field.
- Analytical ability to track and purchase inventories in an appropriate time frame.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, needed to complete required reports.
- Strong interpersonal and relationship management skills to communicate effectively with vendors (phone, email, and in-person).
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to follow through and complete task on time.
- Ability to work with minimum supervision.
GNC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Protected Veterans/Disabled Individuals Employer.