Primary Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Job Tile: Director of Real Estate, Midwest
Job Number: 2017-47825
Date Posted: 3-17-2017
Direct and manage real estate activities in assigned geographical division. Responsible for identifying, evaluating, qualifying, processing and negotiating desired new store locations and relocations. Fulfill all the real estate needs and requests for current portfolio of franchise and corporate locations. Facilitate and maintain credible relationships with the franchise and development communities as well as GNC personnel according to the philosophies, policies, and goals of the Company. This is a field based position, preferably based in DFW or other major Midwest city with access to a major airport.
10+ years of shopping center real estate or development experience as it relates to site selection criteria, market rent analysis, and lease negotiations.
Preferred: Personal network of developer and retail contacts; Previous experience with an expanding retailer and/or developer with responsibilities that include active involvement with real estate, legal, and construction issues. Experience with retail leasing in the major provinces of Canada is a plus.
Bachelor’s Degree in a related field
· Excellent negotiating skills, ability to craft quality deals.
· Strong interpersonal skills to work effectively with Legal, Construction, Franchise, and Retail Operations departments.
· Excellent organizational skills that ensure top-priority projects continue to receive attention amidst the barrage of real estate demands, without disrupting the continuing flow of deals for new store openings.
· Attentiveness to detail to eliminate confusion and maximize efficiency for the legal and construction department in the documenting and building stages for GNC locations. Ability to coordinate efforts among departments to reach department goals.
· Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing in order to respond to franchisees, landlords, and other GNC personnel.
· Ability to work with team members in a positive and collaborative manner.
· Ability to provide strategic direction regarding market planning and future growth initiatives.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear and sit. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
Frequent travel required.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. This job description reflects management’s assignment of essential job functions, which are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required.
GNC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Protected Veterans/Disabled Individuals Employer.
Amy, Senior Director, Financial Operations
I was driven to GNC because I believe in living a healthy lifestyle. GNC has provided me… with not only a wonderful career but also an education in living a healthy life. The best thing about my job is the constant interaction I have with just about every department within the organization. I love to share my knowledge of the company to help mentor others.