Quality Assurance Coordinator Job
Refer A Friend
Job Tile: Quality Assurance Coordinator
Job Number: 2017-51845
Date Posted: 8-10-2017
Back to top
GNC distribution is seeking an experienced candidate for a Quality Assurance Coordinator with the Whitestown IN distribtion team. This person will perform all quality functions as designated in the QC Standard Operating Procedure Manual, ensuring that all products coming through the distribution system are monitored to meet the quality standards set by General Nutrition Corporation.
1st ShiftL Mon - Fri, 7 AM - 3:30 PM
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Monitor, report and record the quality of incoming products at the distribution center to include the weighing/counting/measuring of product, review of organoleptic (sensory) attributes, checking of packaging viability, verification of the UPC and legal approval and certification for all labels. Monitor the products while in inventory, performing special entries on products that may have potential problems.
- Perform inventory functions as they relate to counts, adjustments and transfers on QA product/location.
- Update any information on products (in DLx) as needed. Ensure that all daily, weekly and monthly reports are submitted on time. Download MMA’s as needed.
- Monitor expiration dates of products by performing random checks on all storage locations to ensure that expired product does not reach the retail stores and to ensure proper stock rotation. Verify that all products meet shelf life requirements. Advise Supervisors of any expiration date errors.
- Interact with other GNC personnel including those at corporate, retail and distribution levels.
- Oversee the performance of rework activities as required and track all labor hours to ensure proper charges to the vendor are applied.
- Misc tasks as assigned by manager.
- 1-2 years quality control experience is strongly preferred
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Ability to work without on-site supervision; follow standard operating procedures; organize, prioritize and maintain a schedule.
- Strong MS Office skills (Word and Excel).
- Ability to easily learn new systems and reporting functions (WMS).
- Strong mathematical skills.
- Excellent attention to detail skills.
- Demonstrates highly reliable work ethic
- High School Diploma or GED required.
Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action / Protected Veterans / Disabled Individuals Employer