Primary Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Job Tile: Purchasing Analyst
Job Number: 2017-53076
Date Posted: 9-12-2017
Responsible for analyzing data, running programs and generating reports to support Purchasing/Replenishment and Merchandise Planning departments. Also to be responsible for analytic/reporting support of Retail Analysis department.
· Support store fulfillment function through data mining / provision of raw data files regarding product on-hands,
on-order and sales at the store-item level to replenishment personnel.
· Produce reports/analyses which support purchasing, distribution, replenishment and inventory decisions.
· Administer monthly margin neutrality vendor chargeback program, including calculating chargebacks, producing reports and submitting chargebacks to AP.
· Support Retail Analysis group with queries/reports as necessary.
· Update/maintain product family database as needed.
· Provide ad-hoc and recurring reporting for Merchant group on item/vendor sales, receipts, inventory levels, returns, potential expiration and other metrics.
· Communicate with Accounting on monthly cost changes. Operate/enhance programs for determining timeliness of cost changes and aging of product inventory. Research receipt volumes by vendor and rebate terms to support accruing/collection of rebates. Provide weekly receipt figures to Finance for cash projections.
· Troubleshoot shipping and/or product setup issues.
1+ years of experience in database analysis with an equivalent working background with programming and query tools.
BA/BS Degree in business, mathematics, computer science or related field stressing rigorous analysis
· Excellent computer skills, including familiarity with relational databases, querying language and programming.
Familiarity with Access required, experience with Foxpro a plus.
· Ability to address complex analytical issues.
GNC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Protected Veterans/Disabled Individuals Employer.
Erin, Lead Designer
I really love the people I work with on a daily basis. I think the passion they have for their work… really sets GNC apart from other companies. This is a team that truly works together, without ego or politics. The people here are young and vibrant and care about each other on both a professional and personal level. It’s a great environment to be in on a daily basis.