Project Manager - Nutra Manufacturing Job
Refer A Friend
Job Tile: Project Manager - Nutra Manufacturing
Job Number: 2016-45206
Date Posted: 7-21-2017
Back to top
Responsible for overseeing project management and process management/improvement of GNC and Nutra Product Development Projects throughout the lifecycle of the product, including pre-development/development pipelines and tracking of replenishment orders.
Responsible for the training, development and supervision of directly reporting subordinates, if any, and additional team members in regards to project management and processes of the department.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage all aspects of Product Development projects and replenishment order tracking, including supervision of subordinates, if any.
- Ensure work of subordinates, if any, is accurate, on-time and fulfilling the goals of the department and company.
- Provide guidance/training, trouble shooting and next steps where applicable.
Project Management & Process Management: Products in the pre-development/development pipeline
- Create and ensure project timelines & prioritization
- Track & report project status
- Oversee processes & workflow for Pre-Development functions
- Facilitate every step in the process (project initiation, formulation review, quote approval, assist with flavor testing/approval, packaging specifications, label/artwork review, quality control review, shipment/transportation)
- Continuous follow-up and communication
- Seek to develop improvements to processes or create processes where applicable
Replenishment Order Tracking
- Track replenishment orders to ensure on-time delivery and any customer-specific specifications are met.
- Communicate order status updates to the customer.
Communication & Reporting
- Oversee timely & accurate completion of executive reports requested by Director on weekly and monthly basis.
- Obtain project/order status via phone conference, email, etc, with internal teams and/or vendors
- Conduct meetings to report project/order status to the customer
- Maintain accurate records (electronic and paper) of project details
- Inform management and all stakeholders immediately of any interruption/delay of the project’s timeline
- Create & circulate necessary reports/updates to various business units
- Bachelor’s Degree of Science or Arts
- 5+ years of business experience plus proven ability to supervise/manage subordinates and provide guidance/training.
- Bachelor’s degree with specific experience in project management/product development for private label consumer packaged goodsSkills and Abilities
- Ability to lead individuals/teams and provide training/resources necessary for subordinates’ (if any) growth/success.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Computer: Excel (data storage, manipulation & analysis), Word, PowerPoint, and Internet
- Ability to work in fast-paced environment in a highly organized fashion
- Ability to work independently with little direction from management and accept a fluid/evolving environment
- Ability to critically read technical documents/formulations, identify and troubleshoot challenges, and analyze next steps/timing
- Ability to interact with sales, marketing, and technical professionals (scientists/manufacturing)
- A passion for nutrition is a plus
Supervisory Responsibilities (if any)
- Associate Project Manager(s)
Work Environment / Travel / Physical Demands
- Normal office environment
- 0-5% Travel