Production Coordinator Job
Refer A Friend
Job Tile: Production Controller
Job Number: 2017-51674
Date Posted: 8-4-2017
Back to top
We are currently seeking a WMS Production Controller for our state-of-the-art distribution facility in Whitestown, IN. Reporting to the building director, this postion will be responsible for the methodical planning, coordinating and controlling of operational activities within the distribution and fulfillment operations. This position will utilize WMS and reporting tools to forecast labor and departmental needs in order to increase overall productivity and react effectively to the changing ecommerce demands.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Focus on ensuring a timely and cost-effective production flow that manages productivity while maintaining quality.
- Troubleshoot all operational issues attributed to the WMS, working with outside support vendors as needed to resolve issues.
- Develop schedules that clearly show the flow of work through various departments or workstations.
- Acts as the primary support of the company’s systems solutions for the user community
- Design and develop systems reports to support the operation.
- Communicates effectively to identify needs and evaluate alternative business solutions
- Other duties as assigned
- Solid analytical and problem solving skills, including the ability to lead programs from inception through full implementation.
- Excellent problem-solving and time-management skills.
- Analytical ability to evaluate, design and implement innovative systems.
- Ability to quickly adapt to changing procedures and operational duties.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a cross-discipline team environment
- Strong organizational and communication skills, along with a creative mindset.
- Proficient in Excel, Access, Auto CAD, MS office.
- Works under general supervision but is expected to use knowledge and experience to provide quality support to the user community
- Core computer and applications competency relevant to role (Including MS Office, especially Excel and Access)
- Experience with labor management systems and WMS
- The position of Production Controller/ WMS Super User requires familiarity with Warehouse Management Systems (Red Prairie, Manhattan Associates, etc.). It also requires core computer and applications competency relevant to the role. Demonstrated ability of successfully working with operational resources
- Ability to function effectively at both strategic and tactical levels.
- Strong change management skills to challenge the status quo and drive improvements
- Demonstrates High ethical standards.
- Models and supports organization’s goals and values.
- Leads by example.