Product Training Manager Job
Refer A Friend
Job Tile: Manager, Product Training
Job Number: 2016-45791
Date Posted: 12-30-2016
Back to top
The Product Training Manager is responsible for developing and implementing training programs that increase product knowledge and foster customer engagement. The Product Training Manager collaborates cross functionally within Product Development, Store Operations, Merchandising, and Marketing to prioritize training objectives and then develops training solutions to achieve objectives.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and implement product and customer engagement training solutions to meet the needs of the organization
- Effectively collaborate with other departments, the field retail organization, subject matter experts, and vendors to develop and maintain training programs
- Support key product initiatives and programs with training to drive sales and achieve organizational objectives
- Manage a training calendar and content production schedule in collaboration with cross functional teams
- Possess a strong technical knowledge of nutritional supplement products and sales & service techniques
- Be able to simplify complex information for general audiences
- Create and publish materials in multi-media and print, through our Learning Management System (LMS) software, and through new technologies, as they become available
- 5-7 years of training experience including on-line training development. Retail training with Supervisory/management experience preferred.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Human Resources, Education or related field with experience in training or education.
- Advanced knowledge of nutritional supplements
- Knowledge of sales and service techniques
- Retail/store management background
- Understanding of Adult Learning principles
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills
- Excellent written communication skills for all audiences
- Understanding of Instructional Design
- Facilitation skills in multiple settings to include classroom, one-on-one, and in stores
- Excellent organizational and task management skills
- The ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- The ability to build and maintain effective working relationships
- Extensive experience or training in Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint software programs
- Multi-media training platform experience
- Ability to work well with HR team members & participation in projects outside of the position description
GNC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Protected Veterans/Disabled Individuals Employer.