Packaging Engineer Job
Refer A Friend
Job Tile: Packaging Engineer
Job Number: 2016-43688
Date Posted: 10-21-2016
Back to top
Under the direct supervision of the Packaging Engineering Manager, this position assists in the development, installation, and qualification of Packaging specifications; develops, designs, and implements packaging specifications related to cost effective and efficient finished goods packaging that combines optimal market presentation and protection of product; investigates, and troubleshoots, production line issues related to packaging components; aids as a supplier liaison for all packaging component-related issues; maintains all color standards for all customers related to printed packaging components.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Implement quality standards for packaging components and finished packages
- Assist in finished product packaging design and development that is mutually beneficial to the customer and packaging production
- Assist as a technical liaison between suppliers and packaging production for packaging component’s quality related issues
- Directly support key customers as assigned by Packaging Engineering Manager
- Create packaging component specifications and packaging standards for plastic and glass bottle, folding cartons, closures, corrugated shippers and flexible films.
- Generate and maintain all pallet configurations for all customers
- Maintain all color standards for all customers ensuring that color standards, lights and darks are
- customer approved
- Assist in providing on-site support to Packaging operations to resolve packaging related problems.
- Perform testing based on protocols defined for qualifying new packaging as well as assuring compliance within established quality assurance specifications such as burst strength, shipping strength, shock and vibration standards, etc.
- Perform fill studies as requested by Product Development or Third Party Customer Service
- Generate continuous improvement opportunities ideas and present to appropriate customer service representative for key customers as assigned by Packaging Engineering Manager
- >2 years packaging engineering experience or other engineering-related role
- >4 years packaging engineering experience with plastic bottles, plastic closures, folding cartons, corrugated containers and shrink wrap
- >2 years project management or continuous improvement experience
- Four-year degree in Packaging Science or related engineering discipline
- Minimum education requirements + Lean Six Sigma Certification (i.e. Green or Black Belt)
- Ability to effectively use Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook
- AutoCAD, Solid Works and Microsoft Vision skills are desirable
- Familiarity with high speed packaging equipment and laboratory packaging test equipment
- Ability to comprehend, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, fundamental of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry
- Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios and proportions to practical situations
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram and/or schedule form