Operations Specialist - Blending Job
Refer A Friend
Job Tile: Operations Specialist Blending - 3rd shift
Job Number: 2017-53454
Date Posted: 9-26-2017
Back to top
The Operation Specialist is the floor leader of their assigned area. They work closely with the shift supervisor to assign and resolve employee issues. They are the technical expert within their area and are responsible for troubleshooting product and process related issues. They must be able to determine when to involve product development, quality, and/or maintenance and must be able to interact effectively and concisely with those support groups. The work shift is 3rd, and work hours are 10:45p - 7a.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Working closely with the Shift Supervisor, coordinate shift activities including shift assignments and employee problem resolution.
- Troubleshoot problems, including:
- Machine issues including adjustments to settings to try and get product within specification
- Problem product issues
- Escalate to next level if resolution cannot be determined
- Scheduling trials of potential resolutions from the Product Development and/or Technical Services groups
- Communicate all issues with Shift Supervisor and/or Department Manager
- Follow-up on all issues to ensure resolutions work and are implemented in a timely manner
- Approve the use of all production equipment prior to the start of each lot. Ensure rooms and equipment are properly cleaned, all necessary paperwork is present, and all materials required are available.
- Support the Trainer and/or Training Department in getting training completed in your assigned area.
- Maintain necessary paperwork (regulatory and departmental).
- Audit process documentation and perform required inventory transactions.
- Maintain inventory accurately
- Overtime as required.
- Knowledge and compliance of company policies and SOP’s.
- Knowledge and understanding of all of the cGMP’s relating to this position.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- At least 2 years of department specific experience and be able to clean, set-up and operate the production equipment within the assigned area.
- Must have a working knowledge and understanding of the machines, processes and products in assigned area.
- Must have good math and reading skills
- The ability to follow directions and work with minimal supervision.
- Accuracy and attention to detail required.
- Must demonstrate strong problem-solving skills and mechanical aptitude.
- Use of personal computer operations is required, including spreadsheet and work processing packages. Good interpersonal skills are an absolute necessity.
- Must be able to help train new employees to understand and meet operating procedures.
- Must pass entrance assessments.
Skills and Abilities
- Work closely with Shift Supervisor to ensure department goals are achieved.
Work Environment / Travel / Physical Demands
- Manufacturing environment
- Must be able to work in a dust environment with a wide range of raw materials.
- Must wear personal protective equipment as required in specific assigned area.