Merchandising Analyst Job
Refer A Friend
Job Tile: Merchandising Analyst
Job Number: 2017-47968
Date Posted: 4-28-2017
Back to top
The candidate will be able to develop complex financial models to support decision making related to complex business issues. Emphasis on forecasting, analyzing current performance through the creation and monitoring of product metrics, and conducting prospective and ongoing economic analysis of products including marketing programs, product pricing, business initiatives and services.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develops complex financial models to support management decision-making related to new product development, product portfolio analysis, profitability of new opportunities, revenue models, and profit margin analysis.
- Performs moderate to complex financial analysis including conducting research and identifying, designing and implementing applications and tools to fulfill reporting and analysis needs. Runs various scenarios through models and interprets financial impact. Measures financial results against budget and forecast.
- Assists in the development of the long-range financial plans and continuously analyzes operating financial results. Works closely with other departments within GNC to ensure that strategic initiatives are achieved.
- Aids in the development of the annual budget and analyzes actual and budgeted figures on an ongoing basis. Creates and maintains detailed budgeting templates.
- Reviews monthly financial operating results for each assigned business unit, identifying key trends, variances, and areas of improved performance.
- At least 2 years of experience in an analytical role in finance, accounting, business management, quantitative analysis or economics.
- Demonstrates competency with analytical tools / programming experience with R or other statistical software with competency in regression analysis (preferred, not required)
- Experience with financial analysis, financial modeling, profitability analysis and/or auditing techniques.
- Experience with analyzing and reporting data in order to identify issues, trends, or exceptions to drive improvement of results and find solutions.
- Experience using time management skills such as prioritizing/organizing and tracking details and meeting aggressive deadlines of multiple projects with varying completion dates.
- Experience working with retail POS data to analyze category, brand, or product performance.
- Strong Microsoft Excel experience
- Experience in data mining using SQL and Microsoft Access
Bachelor’s Degree, Master/MBA preferred