Merchandise Planner Job
Refer A Friend
Job Tile: Merchandise Planner
Job Number: 2017-49304
Date Posted: 5-11-2017
Back to top
The Merchandise Planner is responsible for developing, executing, and communicating strategic merchandise financial plans and strategies that support the supply chain, merchandising, marketing, and financial objectives of the organization. The primary duty is to drive financial results that maximize sales, inventory and profit of the organization, through the management and communication of categories and departments.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Build financial sales, gross margin and inventory, consistent with the company’s goals.
- Collaborate cross functionally to strategize and develop a comprehensive plan that aligns future financial and product opporutnities by department and category.
- Analyze historical data and current trends to identify risks and opportunities by department and category.
- Recap sales results to plan, forecast future sales and inventory flow. Present results to plan, forecasts and strategies in key meetings.
- Provide fiscal control through analysis and management of markdowns and purchase orders. Identify risks and opportunities to maximize profit/inventory turns – Gross Margin Return On Inventsment (GMROI)
- Work with merchandising and marketing to develop promotion strategies. Analyze promotional effectiveness and make future recommendations.
- Work closely with business partners to review in season product trends and performance, develop revised projections, and recommend adjustments to the plans to maximize sales and profitability.
- Develop processes that build efficiencies and streamline work streams.
- Take on special projects that enhance the supply chain, merchandising and planning processes and/or lead to opportunities for increased profitability.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- 4+ years of progressive business, planning, allocation, or merchandising experience within a fast-paced retail environment, managing and developing open to buy tools.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Finance, or a related field.
- Strong analytical, prioritizing, interpersonal, problem-solving, presentation, budgeting,, project management, & planning skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated collaborative skills and ability to work well within a team.
- Ability to work with and influence peers and senior management.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and deadline environment.
- Self-motivated with critical attention to detail, deadlines, and reporting.
- Proficient at MS Office Suite, Outlook & Internet applications.
GNC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Protected Veterans/Disabled Individuals Employer.