Primary Location: Greenville, SC
Job Tile: Procurement Manager - Materials
Job Number: 2017-48528
Date Posted: 7-21-2017
The Materials Procurement Manager is responsible for all aspects of the planning and purchasing of Raw Materials, Packaging Components and Maintenance, Repair and Operations (MRO) to acquire materials on time, at the lowest total cost and to meet working capital, internal control, and vendor/product specification requirements. The position is responsible for the management of material buyers, optimizing inventory levels and on-time delivery performance, lead time improvement, SupplyWeb Administration and automation of purchasing processes
· Will manage five or more exempt-level staff
· 5-7 years experience in materials management including purchasing, planning, scheduling, and inventory management
· 3-5 years operational leadership experience in supply chain management operations
· 7+ years experience in materials management including purchasing, planning, scheduling, and inventory management
· 5+ years operational leadership experience in supply chain management operations
· 2+ years experience utilizing Total Quality Management or Lean Six Sigma methods
· Four-year degree in Business, Supply Chain, Engineering or related field
· Advanced degree in Business, Supply Chain, Engineering or related field
· Certified Professional in Supply Chain Management (CPSM) or other industry training and/or certification
· Lean Six Sigma Certification (i.e. Green or Black Belt)
· Expert technical abilities in Microsoft Office tools to be able to design and build documents in MS Excel, Access Database, MS Word and MS Project
· Ability to use ERP systems such as SAP, Oracle, BPCS, MAPICS or other systems to manage materials control, knowledge of AS400 software is highly desired
· Knowledge and experience with Infor SupplyWeb product is recommended
· Knowledge and use of ABC Analysis, Business Forecasting and Economic Order Quantity (EOQ) methods and models
· Must have a solid background in Procurement and E-Procurement
· Knowledgeable of Total Quality Management systems (i.e. Lean Six Sigma methodologies)
· Strong negotiation skills
· Strong analytical and problem solving skills
· Strong interpersonal and organizational skills
· Self motivation and ability to work with minimum supervision.
· Strong Attention to detail - Considering the relative costs and benefits of potential actions to choose the most appropriate one
· Effective oral and written communication skills - Communicating effectively in writing and orally as appropriate for the needs of the audience
· Critical Thinking ability - Utilize logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems
· Problem Solving skills - Identifying complex problems and reviewing related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions
· Determining how a system should work and how changes in conditions, operations, and the environment will affect outcomes
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required sit while working with a computer for up to but not limited to 8 hours daily. The employee is occasionally required to lift boxes up to 10 lbs. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of professional business environment.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. Travel up to 20% may be required. Office and manufacturing environment.
Sonya, Senior Demand Planner/Account
The GNC brand immediately attracted my attention. It was an opportunity to work… for an internationally recognized organization, and the position offered advancement opportunity within the company. We’re set apart by our benefits program, stability, international footprint, multiple locations, diverse product line and expansion into other markets.