Marketing Planning Specialist Job
Refer A Friend
Job Tile: Marketing Planning Specialist
Job Number: 2017-49855
Date Posted: 7-21-2017
Back to top
The Planning Specialist is responsible for supporting GNC Campaign Planning efforts including maintaining campaign documentation, managing select initiatives and owning the Marketing Calendar process and materials.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Planning and brief development
- Partner with Science, PD and Merchandising to develop briefs for proprietary new product launches and vendors for 3rd party launches
- Manage coordination of information, prioritization and detailed messaging in partnership with Merchandising, Science and Legal teams.
- Kick off briefs with creative team or agencies. Follow projects through approval process.
- Manage data for post mortem reports. Lead collaboration with team on analysis of insights and learnings.
- Manage planning for tests and other projects as needed.
Team Organizational Tools
- Manage creation of calendars, plan documents and organizational tools and help compile Weekly Marketing Channel Overview.
- Manage agenda for weekly meetings.
- Work with marketing channel partners on loyalty programs, sweepstakes, web landing pages.
- Develop timelines in partnership with Marketing Operations. Review projects as part of the approval process to ensure brief alignment. Elevate issues as needed.
- Work closely with Marketing Channel Owners to ensure campaign work orders are comprehensive and follow designated strategy / objectives.
- Work with internal partners to coordinate projects such as securing vendor funding for events, in-store sampling events, and training stores on marketing initiatives.
- Manage development of vendor marketing plans. Collect third party marketing plans and assets.
- Manage communication with vendors including recapping marketing activity. Act as point of contact with vendors for the marketing department.
- Manage vendor funding tracker and communication schedule.
Retrieve information to help compile promotional post-mortem documents to identify best practices for the organization.
- Assist in improving the Marketing Planning process by identifying opportunities to save time and money.
3-5 years experience
Bachelors Degree in Marketing or related field.
- Exceptional organizational and time-management skills
- Strong communication and relationship building skills with internal and external partners
- Ability to produce on-time quality deliverables in a deadline driven environment while balancing
- Highly motivated self-starter, with flexibility to work in entrepreneurial situation
- Strong organizational, analytical and problem-solving skills
- An excellent team player with a strong ability to collaborate
- Outstanding attention to detail and deadlines
- Proficient in Microsoft Office as well as Adobe suite applications