Maintenance Vision Specialist Job
Refer A Friend
Job Tile: SG Maintenance Vision Specialist
Job Number: 2017-48469
Date Posted: 7-21-2017
Back to top
The SG Maintenance Vision Specialist has primary responsibility for the reliable and efficient operation of all technical equipment and processes relating to all finishing equipment in the Softgel Department such as automated vision inspection, weighing/packing of finished goods, and capsule printing and laser etching. This is accomplished primarily through hands-on skills to complete assigned activities including preventative maintenance, repairs, troubleshooting and routine setup and changeover of all assigned equipment.
The work shift is C, and work hours are 7p – 7a.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Directly responsible for the preventive maintenance, repair, troubleshooting and routine setup and changeovers of all equipment and processes utilized in the Automated Finishing and Vision Inspection Systems.
- Directly responsible for the development and implementation of the preventive maintenance (PM) program for all assigned equipment and processes. This includes proper and timely upkeep of PM activities within the MP2 software system.
- Indirectly responsible for productivity of all assigned equipment and processes by ensuring that they are running properly and optimally at various speeds on a per product basis.
- Directly responsible for the ordering and/or setup through proper channels (Supply Room / MP2) of all spare parts required to minimize/avoid unscheduled downtime of all assigned equipment and processes.
- Directly responsible for identifying any maintenance and/or operational trends related to all assigned equipment and processes which could be predictive of automation/electronic problems and/or failures.
- When the above responsibilities do not consume all scheduled work hours, the specialist will take direction from the appropriate SG maintenance shift lead mechanic as to how to assist the maintenance department with day-to-day activities.
Education and Experience:
- A high School diploma or equivalent required, accredited technical certification preferred.
- 3 years of maintenance experience in a manufacturing environment.
Job Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Advanced analysis, troubleshooting, and understanding of automation/electronic devices such as Programmable Logic Controllers, AC Inverters, Servo/Stepper Drives, computerized vision inspection systems, printing and laser marking systems, automated weighing systems, automatic case erectors, and various automated conveying systems.
- Good reasoning skills and a demonstrated automation/electronic aptitude as well as a proficiency in computers and software are required.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be self-motivated, work well with minimum guidance, and be well organized.
- Must be service oriented, work well with others, and have a demonstrated record of a positive demeanor and work ethic.
- Physical Demands:
- Must be able to lift in excess of 50 pounds.
Personal Protective Equipment:
- Safety shoes and hearing protection.
- A vast majority of the time will be spent out in the plant production areas.
- The specialist must be able to periodically work split, 2nd, and weekend shifts as required.
- The specialist must be able to work overtime and perform other duties as required.