Maintenance Technician Job
Refer A Friend
Job Tile: Maintenance Tech A
Job Number: 2017-51843
Date Posted: 8-11-2017
Back to top
Under the supervision of the Maintenance Supervisor, provide daily maintenance to all aspects of the Distribution facility and grounds.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide responsive and timely maintenance, both preventative and repair, on the equipment, building, and grounds. Install or upgrade equipment for distribution and/or safety purposes.
- Monitor and adjust equipment to a level whereby maximum accuracy and efficiency is achieved. Administer preventative maintenance program to include scheduling, maintaining system and managing accurate spare parts inventory.
- Test and operate powered lift equipment and power tools as required.
- Train on cutting and welding metal to repair broken parts, fabricate new parts and assemble new equipment.
- Conduct equipment certification training for hourly equipment operators.
- Assist in the coordination and management of the in-house powered equipment certification program, OSHA compliance, and record keeping associated to the program.
- Initiate and lead special maintenance related programs. Provide general guidance, support and training to hourly associates.
- Clean all areas and complete all paperwork as required after completion of job.
- Coordinate with appropriate personnel to obtain materials needed to perform function.
- Work overtime as required and be on call 24 hours/day
Three years industrial/Distribution Center experience and pass an equivalency exam or five years of experience in related field and pass an equivalency exam.
- Strong familiarity with electrical, mechanical, conveyor systems, HVAC and welding. PC skills and ability to administer PM systems.
- Good problem solving skills and ability to work well with others.
- Compliance with company policies, SOPs, CGMP, and all other government regulations as related (OSHA, DHEC, etc.) to the position
Must be able to lift 100 lbs on a regular basis.
Must be able to routinely lift, bend, twist, climb