Machine Operator - Solid Dosage-Coating Job
Refer A Friend
Job Tile: Machine Operator - Solid Dosage Coating
Job Number: 2017-51872
Date Posted: 8-11-2017
Back to top
Responsible for breaking-down, cleaning, tooling, setting up, preparing solution for, running, and monitoring Tablet coating machines such that all quality and/or customer specifications are achieved in an effective and efficient manner in EITHER the batch coating OR continuous coating area.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepare coating equipment for use, to include:
- Following SOPs, clean all coating equipment and rooms.
- Get next scheduled product from operation specialist.
- Gather all necessary paperwork to manufacture the next scheduled lot.
- Prepare solutions for use in the coating process.
- Verify product (solution and cores) for use in the manufacture of each production lot.
- Apply coating solution to tablet cores, to include:
- Load and unload tablet cores in the coating process.
- Follow the batch record instructions to apply the coating solution.
- Document all processing steps in the batch record.
- Monitor and chart coating process per SOP.
- Make adjustments as necessary to keep all parameters in specification.
- Reconcile the final bulk product.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Support training of new operators.
- Overtime as required.
- Knowledge and compliance of company policies and SOP’s.
- Knowledge and understanding of all of the cGMP’s relating to this position.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Must complete the operator certification program within 6 months.
- Previous nutraceutical or pharmaceutical manufacturing experience.
Skills and Abilities
- Good math and reading skills.
- The ability to follow directions and work with minimal supervision.
- Accuracy and attention to detail required.
- Some mechanic ability helpful.
- Ability to obtain license for and operate forklift equipment.
Work Environment / Travel / Physical Demands
- Manufacturing environment
- Must be able to lift and maneuver weights up to 50 pounds.
- Must be able to work in a dusty environment with a wide range of raw materials.
- Must wear personal protection equipment as required by batch record and SOP’s, which may include: dust masks, gloves, goggles, and hearing protection.