****Field position, works remotely in the region and from home.****
The International DFO collaborates with international franchise partners to develop and maximize results in his / her respective markets while maintaining a consistent customer experience and operational compliance. Specifically, the
International DFO strives to maximize retail and wholesale sales in his / her respective markets.
The International DFO supports his / her international franchise partners in all aspects of the market, including ensuring merchandising, marketing, assortment, and store operations meet the enterprise standards.
The International DFO is the primary point of contact with international partners and interacts with multiple internal stakeholders (e.g. Merchandising, Marketing, Finance, Legal, Science, PD, etc.) to ensure deliverables are being met.
The International DFO supports market growth, both through existing stores, as well as new opportunities (e.g. brand and product extensions, distribution, partnerships e-commerce, etc.).
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- The International DFO is responsible for the day-to-day management of the relationship with multiple franchise partners and serves as the central point of contact.
- He / She provides general business and operational guidance and counsel to international franchise partners. Additionally, he / she, reviews results regarding KPIs and targets, and suggest corrective actions or areas for expansion.
- Responsible for retail ($50M to $75M) and wholesale ($15M to $20M) revenue for the respective region and driving additional growth and expansion opportunities.
- Facilitates regular business reviews and market visits, including competitive analysis, store evaluation, merchandising, marketing, promotional planning, train the trainer, and development of long range plans. Additionally, the DFO is responsible for completion and dissemination of market visit documentation in accordance with GNC's SOPs.
- Provide support and guidance to franchise partners in respect to market development. Additionally, the DFO is responsible for ensuring that store openings, closings, and relocations are processed in accordance with GNC's SOPs.
- International DFO works with and influences multiple internal stakeholders. Acts as project manager, leveraging multiple resources, and ensuring tasks and action items get completed on time.
- International DFO conducts monthly calls with Key Markets, ensuring key items covered and key stakeholders included.
- Ensures proper documentation is maintained, including maintenance of various legal agreements.
- Educates and trains international franchise partner and key management team.
- Ensures compliance with all company standards, franchise model, and brand standards.
- Ensures all franchise support departments deliver services and resources to international franchise partners in an appropriate and timely fashion.
- Projects and practices consistent ownership attributes which provide a high level of customer service at all points of contact.
- Influences several internal cross-functional partners.
- Primary point of contact with multiple International Franchise Partners.
- 5+ years retail business operations experience, with international experience a plus.
- Previous experience working in franchised system (franchisee or franchisor).
- Highly motivated individual with a passion for our customers and retail industry.
- Desire and ability to work in a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
- Bachelor's degree in Business or related discipline
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills so that the DFO can communicate clearly and concisely with
- internal and external stakeholders.
- Possess self-motivation, business acumen, in depth analytical skills, strong detail orientation, and execution skills necessary to efficiently and effectively complete projects and manage priorities in a dynamic environment.
- Ability to think strategically/globally about issues and opportunities to properly assess impacts and implications of decisions.
- Proficient in Microsoft applications (e.g. Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook, etc).
- Technically competent in all aspects of store operating systems.
- Must be able to travel for an extended period of time to various markets in Middle East region
- Ability to adapt to diverse cultures.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
- Remote retail/office environment where there is no physical discomfort due to temperature, dust, noise, etc.
- Significant international travel, multiple time zones.
- May occasionally lift merchandise/marketing materials up to 30 pounds.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. This job description reflects management's assignment of essential job functions, which are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required.
GNC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Protected Veterans/Disabled Individuals Employer.