Information Security Administrator Job
Refer A Friend
Job Tile: Information Security Administrator
Job Number: 2017-52752
Date Posted: 9-7-2017
Back to top
The Information Security Administrator is a hands-on role that requires a high level of technical expertise. The Information Security Administrator is responsible for a broad range of tasks, including the day-to-day administration of information security tools and devices, provisioning and de-provisioning, support for security information and event management (SIEM), audit participation, and significant responsibilities for the security administration of a wide variety of applications across the enterprise. The Information Security Administrator interacts closely with IT Operations, Application Development, Compliance, and business departments.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Essential Job Functions
- Perform user and access administration on designated systems and applications, in accordance with the defined policies, standards and procedures of the organization.
- Perform system security administration on designated platforms, including operating systems, applications and network security devices, in accordance with the defined policies, standards and procedures, as well as with industry best practices and vendor guidelines.
- Perform installation and configuration management of security systems and applications, including policy assessment and compliance tools, network security appliances and host-based security systems.
- Perform threat and vulnerability assessments, in some cases followed by appropriate remedial action, to ensure that systems are protected from known and potential threats and are free from known vulnerabilities.
- Apply patches where appropriate and, at the direction of Director of Information Security, remove or otherwise mitigate known control weaknesses, such as unnecessary services or applications or redundant user accounts, as a means of hardening systems in accordance with security policies and standards.
- Locate and repair security problems and failures.
- Collate security incident and event data to produce monthly reports.
- Perform normal and exceptional processing of user access and change requests, escalating such requests when appropriate.
- Report unresolved network security exposures, misuse of resources or noncompliance situations using defined escalation processes.
- Assist and train junior team members in the use of security tools, the preparation of security reports and the resolution of security issues.
- Develop and maintain documentation for security systems and procedures.
- Research, recommend, evaluate and implement information security solutions that identify and/or protect against potential threats, and respond to security violations.
- Provide guidance to junior members of the team.