Primary Location: Leetsdale, PA
Job Tile: Senior Industrial Engineer
Job Number: 2017-48039
Date Posted: 4-28-2017
Responsible for analyzing problems using engineering, business (financial), logistics and human resources related principles and developing solutions to such problems. Develop new approaches and techniques to labor management in order to improve productivity.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
· Design, recommend and implement state-of-the-art logistics, material handling and information systems that encompass distribution and transportation.
· Review employees and department productivity and provide action plans to improve performance.
· Liaison between operations and MIS in the implementation of newly designed or redesigned systems.
· Identify and develop best practices/ SOP’s to improve efficiency and provide consistent output at the distribution center.
· Develop financial and operational plans on a daily, weekly and annual basis.
· Experience with time studies, work measurement, engineering standards and data collections.
· Maintain good communication with other departments and employees.
· Other duties as assigned.
3-5 years Industrial Engineering in a logistics setting preferred.
Bachelor Degree in Industrial Engineering or Logistics required.
Master Degree in Industrial Engineering preferred.
· Solid analytical and problem solving skills, including the ability to lead programs from inception through full implementation.
· Ability to develop ROI for capital projects.
· Experience using MOST or other pre-determined T.S. a plus.
· Computer skills to produce required reports.
· Analytical ability to evaluate, design and implement innovative systems.
· Ability to lead and direct people.
· Ability to quickly adapt to changing procedures and operational duties.
· Strong organizational and communication skills, along with a creative mindset.
· Proficient in Excel, Access, Auto CAD, MS office.
· Macro or VBA experience and SOL a plus.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear and sit. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
Works in an office environment where there is no physical discomfort due to temperature, dust, noise, etc.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. This job description reflects management’s assignment of essential job functions, which are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required.
GNC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Protected Veterans/Disabled Individuals Employer.
Ted, VP, International Merchandising & Product Development
If you like a challenge, this is the place… for you. Our products are second to none. In fact, we are often the innovator and leader of a category. The people at GNC have a great deal of pride in knowing they are part of an organization that can offer such great products. There is always a new challenge and our teams rally to work together and meet it.