HR Manager Job
Refer A Friend
Job Tile: Human Resource Manager
Job Number: 2017-51516
Date Posted: 8-1-2017
Back to top
Responsible for all things Human Resources related in the Leetsdale, PA General Nutrition Distribution facility including; day-to-day administration of Human Resources policies and programs related to hiring, wage and salary administration, performance management, benefits, training, associate relations, and safety.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Advise management in areas of employment law (i.e., FMLA, ADA), policy formulation, employment authorization, compensation and benefits, payroll, company policy, discipline, evaluations, promotions, and terminations.
- Manage and provide direction to associates in the administration of benefits plans to include insurance, 401(k), short and long-term disability
- Provide direction and leadership to associates and management in the implementation of associate recognition, retention and satisfaction programs.
- Serve as the HR representative for associates for compensation, payroll, insurance, immigration status, employment verifications, workers’ compensation, and various other personnel issues.
- Recruit, interview, track and hire candidates for exempt and non-exempt positions.
- Assist in overall hiring process which includes documenting and reporting of the recruiting process as it relates to employment requisitions, tracking and data entry, interview scheduling, notification and offer letters, new-hire paperwork, employment verification, orientation and coordinate recruitment needs with management and employment recruiter.
- Oversee management’s temporary employment needs and issues and appropriately respond.
- Conduct exit interviews for associates that resign or were terminated.
- Manage the unemployment process including all documentation and serving as the GNC representative at all unemployment hearings.
- Conduct investigations and appropriately document complaints regarding employment practices.
- Initiate improvements and manage the document-flow as it enters and leaves HR office to functionally support departments and maintain appropriate filing system.
- Respond to internal customer’s request for various HR functions/system generated forms and reports.
- Lead and help to move projects forward upon request of Human Resources and/or Operations.
- Schedule, coordinate, participate in and/or conduct associate meetings for recognition, training, quarterly communications, charitable agencies, etc.
- Implement and follow company policies while serving as a liaison between the facility and the corporate office regarding Human Resources policies and other company announcements
- Proven leadership skills including the ability to coach, assess, evaluate, develop, motivate, and empower others.
- Strong change management skills to challenge the status quo and drive improvements.
- A demonstrated track record of performance and accomplishments.
- Strong deductive reasoning skills. The ability to apply general rules to specific problems to produce answers that make sense.
- Strong inductive reasoning skills. The ability to combine pieces of information to form general rules or conclusions (includes finding a relationship among seemingly unrelated events).
- A strong sense of problem sensitivity. The ability to tell when something is wrong or is likely to go wrong. It does not involve solving the problem, only recognizing there is a problem.
- High ethical standards.
- Models and supports organization’s goals and values.
- Must be a self-starter, multi-tasked, flexible, with ability to organize and work with minimal supervision.
- 3-5 years’ experience as a HR Generalist/Business Partner/Manager within an operations setting.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent.
- SPHR/PHR Certification preferred.
- Knowledge of government regulations related to employment such as FLSA, EEOC, ADA, FMLA, etc.
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Proficient in Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Internet.
- Knowledge of HR systems preferred.