Franchise Operations Director Job
Refer A Friend
Job Tile: Director of Franchise Operations (DFO)
Job Number: 2016-44151
Date Posted: 7-21-2017
Back to top
The Director of Franchise Operations is responsible for directing operations in franchise stores to grow, develop and maximize results in respective markets while maintaining a consistent customer experience and operational compliance. This includes ensuring franchisees are following the GNC operating system, coaching franchisees to maximize their return on investment, assisting franchisees with operational guidance, and mentoring all aspects of training.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Essential Job Functions
- Provide operational guidance and counsel to maximize Franchise Operator’s investment.
- Responsible for instruction of Sales techniques and key sales building programs (Merchandising, Promotions and Resets).
- Assist Franchise Operators in understanding and maintaining proper inventory levels sufficient to satisfy customer demand and business growth.
- Facilitate and assist quality communications between all Franchise support departments and individuals within General Nutrition, Inc. and the Franchise Operator.
- Provide individualized market pricing advice that reflects corporate pricing philosophy while maintaining a competitive advantage within the market.
- Encourage Franchise Operator utilization and promotion of the GNC brand through GNC’s proven operating systems.
- Ensure a quality start-up and opening assistance for new stores through training of new Franchise Operators. Facilitate transfer of possession, remodels, relocations and conversions.
- In conjunction with the Director of Franchise Stores, establish visitation cycles, store evaluations, oversee the completion of Phase I Training, and conduct Phase III Training.
- Ensure Franchise Operator compliance with Franchise documents, program requirements and GNC standards by utilizing dispute resolution methods that include listening, understanding, and responding to Franchise Operators with the primary emphasis on resolving differences.
- Responsible for the Retail and wholesale revenues as set by General Nutrition, Inc.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or a similar discipline and at least 3 years of retail business operations experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Skills and Abilities
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written) needed to convey results to be accomplished.
- Ability to prioritize assignments and projects in an efficient and timely manner.
- Ability to travel, over an extended period of time, to Franchise locations to conduct training and ensure that all company directed merchandising programs are fully implemented.
- Must be technically competent in all aspects of store operating systems.
Work Environment / Travel / Physical Demands
- See attached Physical Qualifications Summary.
- Regular travel to assigned locations as determined by Division and company.
- Ability to travel by plane or long hours in a car.
- Bending, lifting, reaching for and moving merchandise.
- Lifting up to 45 lbs.
- Climbing ladders.
- Able to move fixtures.
- Standing or walking for long periods of time.
Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action / Protected Veterans / Disabled Individuals Employer