Primary Location: Whitestown, IN
Job Tile: Facilities Technician - 3rd Shift
Job Number: 2017-48037
Date Posted: 3-24-2017
The Whitestown IN Distribution Center is currently seeking a reliable and skilled Maintenance Technician to support our distribution operation. We are looking for an experienced technician to join our GNC maintenance team, in our highly-automated, state-of-the-art facility. This position will assist in providing daily maintenance, both preventive and repair, to our distribution operation equipment.
GNC offers great benefits!
Starting pay is $27.50 per hour with wage progression every 6 months for the first 24 months of employment.
3rd Shift - Sunday 12pm to 8:30pm, Monday thru Thursday 10pm to 06:30am
- Provide daily responsive and timely maintenance, both preventative and repair, on the equipment, building, and grounds. Install or upgrade equipment for distribution and/or safety purposes.
- Monitor and adjust equipment to a level whereby maximum accuracy and efficiency is achieved.
- Administer preventative maintenance program to include scheduling, maintaining system and managing accurate spare parts inventory.
- Test and operate equipment as required.
- Initiate and lead special maintenance related programs.
- Conduct certification training for hourly equipment operators, and provide general guidance, support, and training to hourly associates.
- Clean all areas and complete all paperwork as required after completion of job.
- Coordinate with appropriate personnel to obtain materials needed to perform function.
- Work overtime as required and be on call
- Three years industrial/distribution center experience or five years of experience in a related field.
- Strong familiarity with electrical, mechanical, conveyor systems, HVAC and welding. PC skills and ability to administer PM systems.
- Excellent problem solving skills and ability to work well with others.
- Compliance with company policies, SOPs, CGMP, and all other government regulations as related (OSHA, DHEC, ect.) to the position
- Strong facilitation skills and prior training experience is a plus.
- Must be able to lift 100 lbs on a regular basis
- High School Diploma or GED
Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action / Protected Veterans / Disabled Individuals Employer
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. This job description reflects management’s assignment of essential job functions, which are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required.
Amy, Senior Director, Financial Operations
I was driven to GNC because I believe in living a healthy lifestyle. GNC has provided me… with not only a wonderful career but also an education in living a healthy life. The best thing about my job is the constant interaction I have with just about every department within the organization. I love to share my knowledge of the company to help mentor others.