Division Franchise Director Job
Refer A Friend
Job Tile: Division Franchise Director (DFD)
Job Number: 2017-54670
Date Posted: 11-10-2017
Back to top
The Division Franchise Director serves as the executive franchise operations and development leader for each of our field operating divisions. This role lead, directs, and trains our DFO teams to ensure our franchise partners grow, develop and maximize results in respective markets while maintaining consistent customer experience and operational compliance. This includes setting standards, expectations and goals for our DFO teams; and guiding the development of the GNC Franchise operating system, coaching franchisees to maximize their return on investment, assisting DFOs with operational guidance and mentoring all aspects of training. They are responsible for the Retail and wholesale revenues as set by GNC. This role requires strong multi-tiered business acumen, relationship building skills, internal leadership drive and must be highly influential.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for day-to day management and direction of our field Franchise representatives and serves as the primary point of contact with multiple internal stake stakeholders (e.g. Merchandising, Marketing, Finance, Legal, Science, PD, etc.).
- Provides strategic business and operational guidance for both Franchise and Corporate partners. Directly responsible for achieving GNC Corporate goals, including KPIs and targets, and maximize the Franchise Operator's Investment.
- Primary educator and communications conduit between all Franchise support departments and Field Leadership GNC and our DFO Teams.
- Provide Oversight and Growth Direction on all start-up and opening projects. Facilitate transfer of possession, remodels, relocations and conversions.
- Establish visitation cycles, store evaluations, Sales System and Process, Profit Maximization, in conjunction with the Director of Franchise Stores
- Ensure Franchise Operator compliance through DFO training, education, and direct involvement utilizing dispute resolution methods that include listening, understanding, and responding to Franchise Operators with the primary emphasis on resolving differences.
- Actively monitor geographical market of local, well-capitalized franchisees who may be interested ownership and provide potential leads to partners on Franchise team.
- Develop business & action plans relative to Franchise development
- Partner with direct DVP to plan market growth, and acquisition
- Instruct Sales techniques and key sales building programs (Merchandising, Promotions and Resets)
- Influence Franchise Operator utilization and promotion of the GNC brand through GNC's proven operating systems.
- Provide individualized market pricing advice that reflects corporate pricing philosophy while maintaining a competitive advantage within the market.
- Ensure appropriate and proper inventory levels in all locations that are sufficient to satisfy customer demand and business growth.
- Influences several internal cross-functional partners
- Direct leader and manager for the assigned Divisions DFO Team
- 6+ years of retail business operations experience or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Business or a similar discipline
- MBA Preferred
- Business acumen regarding corporate and unit level profitability and Franchise industry knowledge
- Strong ability to teach and influence with and without direct authority
- Ability to think strategically about issues and opportunities to properly assess impacts and implications of decisions
- Possess self-motivation, business acumen, in depth analytical skills, strong detail orientation, and execution skills necessary to efficiently and effectively complete projects and manage priorities in a dynamic environment.
- Expert Franchise financial acumen related to Inventory, P&L, SBA Requirements, and development hurdles
- Ability to work cross functionally with FROs, and both CSC and Field Leadership
- In depth clinical product knowledge and ability to creatively design bespoke training as needed
- Strategic thinking in regards to geographic store growth plans and adjacencies
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written) needed to convey clear direction and expectations to achieve results to be accomplished
- Ability to travel, over an extended period of time, to Franchise territories to conduct training and ensure that all company directed merchandising programs are fully implemented
- Proficient in Microsoft applications (e.g. Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook, etc)
- Must be technically competent in all aspects of store operating systems
- Remote retail/office environment where there is no physical discomfort due to temperature, dust, noise, etc.
- Significant international travel, multiple time zones.
- May occasionally lift merchandise/marketing materials up to 30 pounds.
GNC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Protected Veterans/Disabled Individuals Employer.