Distribution Team Lead Job
Refer A Friend
Job Tile: Distribution Team Lead
Job Number: 2017-49455
Date Posted: 5-17-2017
Back to top
GNC Distribution is seeking a Team Lead for our highly -automated E-Com operation in the Whitestown IN Distribution Center. This position is on our "split shift" operations team, working 12 noon - 8:30 PM, Sunday - Thursday.
Assisting the Distribution Supervisor, this person will be responsible for maximizing productivity and providing leadership to their assigned work team. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, troubleshooting product and process related issues, assigning work tasks to team members, ensuring a safe and productive work team through proper training of associates, making the supervisor aware of team member or systems issues, as well as driving producitivty and quality to meet our operation standards and to satisfy our service level agreements. This person will act as a working elad, assisting with productive tasks within the operation to ensure successful team performance. We are seeking a reliable, detail-oriented, and experienced candidate who will lead by example!
GNC offers competative wages, and generous paid time off policies. Apply today to join our growing team!
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assists Department Supervisor with work assignments and work distribution, making adjustments as needed throughout shift for optimal operational flow and labor hours management.
- Runs operational and productivity reports for the department as needed.
- Ensure the timely, accurate, and damage-free handling of materials and merchandise
- Organizes product with the operational area for maximum efficiency
- Troubleshoots systems and process weaknesses, and assists in the development of corrective operating procedures
- Monitor work activity within assigned area, providing status updates to Supervisor as needed
- Coordinate and oversee the training of new associates in the department
- Assist the Logistics Supervisor in developing operational plans on a daily and weekly basis
- Expected to perform productive operational tasks (direct labor) within the department, when the leadership tasks are complete
- Responsible for ensuring a safe and sanitary work environment
- Raise employee concerns to the Distribution Supervisor
- Operate powered lift equipment as needed to support the operation
- Assist in miscellaneous projects assigned by the Distribution / Department Supervisor
- Other duties as assigned by Supervisor
- 1-3 years experince in a warehouse or fulfillment operation is preferred.
- Education Minimum : High School Diploma or GED
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Organizational skills required to complete multiple tasks in an efficient, timely manner.
- Knowledge of computers and applications (MS Office, relational data base, distribution programs, etc.)
- Demonstrates efficiency and strong attention to detail and the ability to multi-task
- Must be certified, or willing to become certified, on all powered lift equipment within the facility
- Leads by exmaple
- Demonstrates initiative and motivates those around them to drive performance
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to decisively communicate with others at all levels of management verbally and via e-mail
- Ability to comprehend and be responsible for all data entered.
Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action / Protected Veterans / Disabled Individuals Employer