Distribution Supervisor Job
Refer A Friend
Job Tile: Distribution Supervisor
Job Number: 2017-51848
Date Posted: 8-11-2017
Back to top
JOIN THE GNC TEAM TODAY!
GNC is a leading retailer of vitamins, nutritional items and health supplements. We currently have a leadership opportunity in our state-of-the-art, temperature-controlled warehouse facility in Whitestown IN, where we continue to grow, and support both our retail and E-Com businesses.
As we continue to grow our operation, we are seeking an motivated leader to help us continue to build our distribution and fulfillment teams! This position is responsible for supervising their assigned operational area(s) within the distribution center to maximize productivity and associate morale, ensuring required service levels are achieved. Previous experience as a warehouse supervisor or fulfillment supervisor is required.
*Distribution Supervisor, Production Supervisor, Warehouse Supervisor, Fulfillment Supervisor
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Supervise the assigned operations team, delegating responsibilities as appropriate across the team.
- Effectively communicate to, coach, and train current and new associates.
- Monitor associates/department performance and provide feedback/ action plans.
- Assign the proper materials, information and guidance to achieve daily goals of that department. This is to include orders, labels, or other materials as required.
- Oversee the effecient operation of system-driven unit sortation equipment.
- Ensure the adequate planning and scheduling of personnel, equipment and supplies to maximize the efficient flow of materials within the distribution center is achieved.
- Ensure the timely, accurate, safe, and damaged-free handling of materials and merchandise is achieved.
- Manage associate time and attendance records through Kronos system.
- Monitor and assess associate performance through LMS (labor management system)
- Hold associates accountable for complying with Company policies and follow established SOPs.
- Assist Management in developing, implementing and managing the financial and operational plans on a daily, weekly and annual basis.
- Other tasks and projects as assigned by Operations Manager.
- 1 - 5 years supervisory experience in a high volume multi-channel distribution center or fulfillment operation. Experience in an automated multi –channel distribution center is preferred.
- Experience with a high volume fulfillment operation is a strong plus.
- Experience working with unit sortation equipment is also a plus.
- 4 year college degree in operations management, engineering, logistics or business management is preferred.
Skills and Abilities
- Ability to interpret data and make informed decisions based upon the data.
- Strong leadership and communication skills required, along with the ability to motivate and empower associates in a team environment, and delegate operational tasks as needed.
- Ability to successfully achieve key performance objectives, including on-time deliveries, order accuracy, productivity, damage and safety.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Ability to initiate continuous improvement programs, along with project management skills.
- Proficiency in PC skills and standard software packages (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.). Experience with Kronos is a plus.
- Proficiency in WMS, RF and similar technologies.
- Excellent attention to detail skills
- Ability to maintain a professional demeanor through fluctuating volume requirements.
- Demonstrates strong initiative, integrity, and the ability to work with little direct supervision.
- Ability to lead others by example is expected.
Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action / Protected Veterans / Disabled Individuals Employer