Distribution Supervisor Job
Refer A Friend
Job Tile: Distribution Supervisor
Job Number: 2017-47778
Date Posted: 3-23-2017
Back to top
This position is responsible for monitoring staff during the 3rd shift to ensure all distribution duties are completed. Supervise the assigned specific operational area(s) within the warehouse to maximize productivity, employee morale and ensure that all department service levels are achieved.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Monitor employee and department performance and provide an action plan to maximize productivity.
- Assist management in developing, implementing, and managing financial and operational plans on a daily, weekly, and annual basis.
- Adequately plan and schedule personnel, equipment, and supplies to maximize efficient flow of materials within the warehouse.
- Hire, motivate, and train new and current employees.Provide staff the proper materials, information, and guidance to achieve the daily goals of the department.
- Ensure the timely, accurate, and damage-free handling of materials and merchandise.
- Provide safe work environment and make sure employees are handling merchandise and equipment in a safe manner to prevent injuries
- Proven leadership skills, including the ability to coach, assess, evaluate, develop, motivate, and empower others
- Ability to function effectively at both strategic and tactical levels
- Lead by example and instruction
- Model and support organization’s goals and values
- High ethical standards
- Ability to interpret data and make informed decisions based upon the data.
- Strong leadership and communications skills required, along with the ability to motivate and empower employees in a team environment.
- Ability to successfully achieve key performance objectives, including on-time deliveries, order accuracy, productivity, damage and safety.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Ability to initiate continuous improvement programs, along with project management skills.
Proficiency in PC skills and standard software packages (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
Proficiency in WMS, RF and similar technologies.
Ability to operate machinery within the facility including forklifts.
- 1 - 5 years supervisory experience in a high volume multi-channel distribution center or manufacturing operation. Experience in an automated multi –channel distribution center is preferred.
- 4 year college degree preferred in operations management, engineering, logistics or business management.
Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action / Protected Veterans / Disabled Individuals Employer