Client Technologies Analyst Job
Refer A Friend
Job Tile: Client Technologies Analyst
Job Number: 2015-37852
Date Posted: 5-3-2017
Back to top
The Client Technologies Analyst position provides support for company owned systems at the user and workstation level. Support covers employees at the corporate office, remote divisional offices and field support personnel. The overall responsibilities range from implementing new hardware and software to providing second level problem determination, tracking and resolution. This is a dynamic environment which offers exposure to many technologies. Excellent communications skills are required.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Respond to, troubleshoot and address trouble tickets and service requests.
- Install, upgrade, test, deploy, maintain, and troubleshoot end user computing hardware, peripherals and mobile devices. This encompasses the entire life cycle of the equipment.
- Install, upgrade, test, deploy, maintain, and troubleshoot operating systems and software applications.
- Provide professional, courteous, prompt, and accurate support and solutions to users.
- Provide training and mentoring to the Service Desk staff.
- Gather and document detailed problem information, troubleshooting and resolution steps in the IT Service Desk software.
- Develop new problem resolution procedures in the IT Service Desk knowledgebase. Create procedures for new processes regarding client technologies.
- Provide peer assistance with respect to projects. Gain knowledge and move towards working independently on your own areas of expertise.
- Understand and use tools for software distribution, patching, asset inventory, and troubleshooting.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma and Technical Certification.
- 2+ years of PC Windows support experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Skills and Abilities
- Must be able to work independently and in a team environment.
- Has the desire and aptitude to investigate and learn about new technology and troubleshooting processes.
- Has solid problem solving, judgment and decision making skills.
- Requires taking initiative and having sound judgment.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written) required to interact with customers, provide support and solve problems.
- Time management skills along with organizational skills are required to manage many tasks at the same time.
- Experience with the following:Client hardware – workstations, laptops, peripherals, and mobile devices
- Operating Systems (Windows and MAC) and Client Browsers (IE, Chrome, Firefox, Safari)
- Client tools such as Active Directory, TCP/IP, ping, and ipconfig
- Mobile device support
Work Environment / Travel / Physical Demands
- Normal office environment.
- Lifting of desktop equipment (less than 30 pounds).
GNC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Protected Veterans/Disabled Individuals Employer