Brand Manager Job
Refer A Friend
Job Tile: Brand Manager
Job Number: 2017-51205
Date Posted: 7-21-2017
Back to top
The GNC Brand Manager reports directly to the Director GNC Brand Management. The brand manager is responsible for developing and driving brand strategies and plan, which includes leading cross-functional teams in the process of identifying, developing and monitoring strategic GNC brand & product initiatives from ideation throughout the brand/product lifecycle while delivering the annual and long range financial targets.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Drive the definition of project scope and objectives, involving all relevant stakeholders and ensuring that all projects are delivered on-time, produce budgeted sales projections and work in support of the overarching global brand identity, role and intent
- Develop a detailed project plan to define cross-functional working teams, monitor and track progress to key milestones, manage changes to the project scope, project schedule, and project ROI
- Develop extensive category plans for the brands, ensuring the brands have a meaningful long term consumer position and achieve maximum volume profit/growth globally and with defined channel strategies
- Drive the analysis of products, brands and category performance, managing and review GNC Brand assortment to continue to identify what’s working, what’s not, new ideation, and relevant action plans.
- Coordinate primary communication vehicles in advertising, PR, online, etc.
- Management and coordination for new GNC Product Innovation Process, working closely with merchants, Science and PD to coordinate work plans, efforts, strategic briefs, recaps and updates
- Help establish and maintain identities for new GNC brands/sub-brands
- Anticipate and accommodate new brand identity needs by working with product innovation, merchandising and marketing teams.
- Analyze and support both category and marketing plans to align with brand strategy and achieve annual operation plan goals
- Coordinate and manage collaboration across multiple aspects of GNC Brand/Product development, marketing and innovation:
- Estimate the incremental opportunities of each brand/product
- Establish and maintain competitive brand/product positioning and criteria
- Translate the brand position into a strong, consistent brand identity with guardrails and identity standards
- Identify target customer and key motivators
- Lead cross functional project teams to deliver training, marketing and promotional execution plans in support of the brand
- Coordinate the development and implementation of annual marketing plan including innovative and compeling new ideas to grow the business.
- Lead the development and execution of new product launches.
- Analyze and report business trends, consumer trends and competitive activity in order to identify key issues and opportunities to grow the business.
- Lead development of consumer promotions, digital, social and other brand building initiatives.
- Manage sales, margin and profitability budgets
- Motivate the cross-functional team, convey the purpose to employees and help develop a greater passion, knowledge, and commitment within the broader organization.
Assistant and associate GNC brand managers
Minimum of 1 - 2 years of experience
Bachelor’s Degree from a four year college or university (Merchandising, Marketing, Health or Nutrition fields).
- Competitive drive to exceed customer expectations and out perform other retailers
- Demonstrated leadership abilities and dedication to customer service
- Strong analytical, problem solving, and business finance (Cost Accounting) skills
- Highly organized with an impeccable skill to follow-through and follow-up
- Highly effective written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment; can balance multiple priorities
- High focus on details to drive execution
- Demonstrated ability to be solution oriented in identifying how to address issues that may arise
- Highly creative, thinks out of the box with a an innovative mind-set
- High character performer that demonstrates accountability and integrity in all that they do.
- Strong PC skills:Windows-based programs, particularly Microsoft Excel, Access, Word and PowerPoint
GNC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Protected Veterans/Disabled Individuals Employer.