Blender Operator Job
Refer A Friend
Job Tile: Blender Operator
Job Number: 2016-45014
Date Posted: 11-21-2016
Back to top
This individual is responsible for operating and cleaning equipment such as blending, milling, and screening following all of the instructions to ensure accuracy of ingredients and to obtain a consistent blend for the manufacture of dietary supplements. This is a 2nd shift position and the hours are 3 p.m. – 11 p.m. Training for this job will take place during 1st shift hours which are 7 a.m. – 3 p.m.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepare blending equipment for use, to include:
- Following SOPs, clean all blender equipment and rooms.
- Get next scheduled product from operation specialist.
- Gather all necessary paperwork to blend the next scheduled product.
- Stage product for use, to include:
- Verify all RMs have been staged in the appropriate area
- Blend raw materials, to include:
- Follow the batch record instructions to blend the raw materials
- Document all processing steps in the batch record
- Reconcile the final blend
- Other duties as assigned.
- Overtime as required.
- Knowledge and compliance of company policies and SOP’s.
- Knowledge and understanding of all of the cGMP’s relating to this position.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Must complete the operator certification program within 6 months.
- Previous nutraceutical or pharmaceutical manufacturing experience.
Skills and Abilities
- Ability to follow instruction accurately.
- Able to work with minimum supervision.
- Some mechanical ability helpful.
- Good math and reading skills.
Work Environment / Travel / Physical Demands
- Manufacturing environment
- Must be physically able to move objects up to 110 lbs. in weight.
- Must be able to regularly move objects up to 55lbs in weight
- Must be able to work in a dusty environment with a wide range of raw materials.
- Must wear personal protective equipment as required by batch record and SOPs, which may include: dust masks, gloves, goggles, and hearing protection.