Benefits Specialist Job
Refer A Friend
Job Tile: Benefits Specialist
Job Number: 2017-51484
Date Posted: 7-31-2017
Back to top
Responsible for daily oversight of healthcare administration system and serve as main contact for ongoing enrollment, open enrollment and issue escalation. Analyzes utilization of benefit programs and identifies areas where changes may be needed.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Serve as day to day point of contact with benefit administrator for all healthcare related items including but not limited to escalated issues, reporting needs and overall system operation.
- Provide professional and accurate customer service support within 24 hours to both internal and external customers.
- Determine proper course of action for escalated customer service situations. Understand when to partner with vendors to resolve issues and take necessary action to avoid ongoing issues.
- Partner with internal associates for any administration needs.
- Ability to independently manage workload.
- Administer benefit orientation for new hires at Customer Support Center location.
- Ability to identify trends and patterns based on reporting or associate feedback.
- Analyze and develop new or modified processes to achieve efficiency and/or accuracy.
- Develop and create reports from databases as needed.
- Must have knowledge of PPACA, ERISA, COBRA, FMLA, ADA, SECTION 125, etc.
- Human Resource or Business Administration background preferred
- Bachelor’s degree and 1+ years related benefits or employee benefit administration experience OR 3+ years of related employee benefits administration experience.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Advanced computer skills with technical aptitude to fully utilize MS products
- Analytical skills preferred / critical thinking
GNC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Protected Veterans/Disabled Individuals Employer.