Associate Project Manager Job
Refer A Friend
Job Tile: Associate Project Manager
Job Number: 2017-52789
Date Posted: 9-8-2017
Back to top
Responsible for overseeing project management of products in development & pre-development pipelines for GNC private label for our Domestic and International Markets. Responsible for process management and improvement for development & pre-development pipelines.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Essential Job Functions
- Project Management & Process Management: Products in the pipeline (Global – Domestic & International)
- Facilitate every step in the process (project initiation, formulation review, quote approval, assist with flavor testing/approval, packaging specifications, label/artwork review, quality control review, shipment/transportation)
- Create and ensure project timelines & prioritization
- Track & report project status
- Conduct cost analysis
- Continuous follow up & communication
- Seek to develop improvements to processes or create processes where applicable
- Pre Development: Raw Materials and New Product Concepts
- Oversee processes & workflow for Pre Development functions which are facilitated by the Supervisor’s direct report subordinate.
- Communication & Reporting
- Oversee timely & accurate completion of executive reports requested by Senior Director on weekly and monthly basis. Reports will be generated by Supervisor’s direct report subordinate.
- Conduct vendor meetings via phone conference to obtain project status
- Conduct internal meetings to report project status to the internal customer
- Maintain accurate records (electronic and paper) of project details
- Inform management immediately of any interruption/delay of the project’s timeline
- Create & circulate necessary reports to various business units
- Accurately communicate notes and information from weekly PD meetings
- Bachelor’s Degree of Science or Arts
- 5+ years of business experience plus proven ability to supervise/manage subordinates and provide guidance/training.
- Bachelor’s degree with specific experience in project management/product development for private label consumer packaged goods
Skills and Abilities
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Computer: Excel (data storage, manipulation & analysis), Word and PowerPoint, Internet
- Ability to work in fast-paced environment in a highly organized fashion
- Ability to work independently with little direction from management and accept a fluid/evolving environment
- Ability to critically read technical documents/formulations, identify and troubleshoot challenges, and analyze next steps/timing
- Ability to interact with sales, marketing, and technical professionals (scientists/manufacturing)
- A passion for nutrition is a plus
Work Environment / Travel / Physical Demands
- Normal office environment
- 0-5% Travel
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. This job description reflects management’s assignment of essential job functions, which are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required.
GNC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Protected Veterans/Disabled Individuals Employer.