Retail Demand Planner Job
Refer A Friend
Job Tile: Retail Demand Planner
Job Number: 2017-46869
Date Posted: 7-21-2017
Back to top
The Associate Merchandise Planner is a hands-on position responsible for developing and executing demand plan and inventory plans that will enable the organization to meet sales and service objectives. Collaboration with other members of the supply chain, inventory planning, replenishment, merchandising, partner business, analytics and financial support teams is paramount to achieve these sales and service objectives.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Designing and generating weekly and monthly statistical forecast reports.
- Continuously improving forecasting techniques, method, and approach.
- Relating and measuring the impact of forecast accuracy.
- Evolving and maintaining documentation and standard operating procedures for demand planning processes and systems.
- Conduct current and future forecasting analysis, insuring forecasting processes and methods are followed.
- Assemble and analyze all data pertinent to creating the sales forecast (historical sales, market trends, seasonality, promotions, and inventory levels).
- Establish and utilize best methods (statistical models) in creating forecasts and respective inventory targets.
- Make recommended adjustments to forecast and inventory targets based on changes in demand and market trends.
- Lead forecast and inventory planning meetings with inventory planning, replenishment, merchandising, partner business, analytics and finance, reviewing recommended sales forecasts and inventory goals (emphasis on brand transitions, new product introduction, and promotions).
- Manage inventory targets (including safety stock levels) that are approved by management.
- Prepare, report, and communicate forecast and inventory measurements to management (forecast accuracy, inventory plan vs. targets).
- Monitor SKU levels and recommend SKU rationalization initiatives in the future
- Proactively facilitating, re-engineering, best practices & consensus between functional experts (Merchandise Planning, Inventory Planning, Replenishment, Merchandising, Partner Business, Finance, and Analytics)
3+ years of Merchandise Planning or Analytics experience required or equivalent combination of education and experience
4 year degree
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations as requested may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Background in forecasting, procurement and planning.
- Strong analytical abilities
- Strong knowledge of demand planning process preferably within the Retail Industry
- Knowledge of demand management/forecasting tools, forecasting processes in sales, brand transitions, finance, manufacturing and supply chain issues
- Good communication and Team building skills
- Detail oriented
- Extreme accuracy
- Extensive spreadsheet analysis and strong mathematical abilities
- 3+ years related experience
- Knowledge of turn rates
- Knowledge of key inventory performance metrics, turns, margin contributions, etc.
- Ability to lead cross-functionally.
- Collaborative skills in resolving long and short positions in inventory.
- Experience in managing end of life cycle and absolute inventory.
GNC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Protected Veterans/Disabled Individuals Employer.